The American Technion Society supports visionary education and world-changing impact through the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology. Based in New York City, we represent thousands of US donors, alumni and stakeholders who invest in the Technion’s growth and innovation to advance critical research and technologies that serve the State of Israel and the global good. Over more than 75 years, our nationwide supporter network has funded new Technion scholarships, research, labs and facilities that have helped deliver world-changing contributions and extend Technion education to campuses on three continents.
The marketing team is seeking a Marketing Manager to report to the Chief Marketing Officer. The marketing department works to conceive, shape, and integrate innovative and effective marketing and communication strategies that will 1) grow the ATS donor base and lead generation in order to “feed the major donor pipeline;” 2) support the fundraisers’ efforts; 3) help retain donors; 4) amplify the Technion’s brand in the US. The department also works with internal and corporate communications to help ensure brand quality and consistency.
Playing a visible role in the organization, the Marketing Manager serves as the point person for ATS staff on day-to-day requests, and to help conceptualize and shape new efforts as requested. The successful candidate is central to the department, serving as overall project manager to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
Working with a variety of vendors and freelancers, the Marketing Manager will be tasked with seamless implementation and will need to possess basic digital and design skills in order to assess and manage external vendors, and to be able to complete the work in-house as needed. S/he will be a versatile marketer and comfortable working in print, digital, direct response and press landscapes.
ATS is undertaking a website redesign over the course of the next nine months. The Marketing Manager will lead this project through to successful launch including a post-launch testing plan.
The ideal candidate will be a process-driven professional who thrives in creating order and managing people and systems. S/he will be naturally collaborative with a deep understanding of marketing and fundraising principles and best practices.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Build efficiency and capacity of the marketing department
- Create and maintain annual department calendar
- Run weekly department meetings; manage workflows
- Project manage department activities
- Manage collateral tracking and fulfillment
- Field day-to-day staff requests and ensure timely completion
- Manage direct response agency
- Manage data requests and liaise with mail houses
- Create lead generation plans and manage implementation
- Develop processes to support Programs department
- Manage and evaluate vendors and freelancers
- Create and synthesize monthly/quarterly Marketing Department reports (digital and revenue) in collaboration with data department to facilitate strategic decision making
- Review vendor reports for accuracy
- Analyze data and communicate takeaways with relevant stakeholders
- Serve as point person for website from updates to design to reporting
- Oversee email program from planning to implementation to reporting
- Act as email trainer and admin support for staff
- Manage online fundraising program from planning to donation form implementation
- Working with data department, manage constituent data in Luminate CRM
- Manage UTM builder to ensure accuracy in reporting
- Manage process for data integration from Cvent to Luminate and Raiser’s Edge
- Manage Programs software CVENT (set-up, testing, reporting)
- Serve as back-up for the Graphic Designer/Marketing Generalist
- Support organization to assist with creating process and systems in order to build efficiency
- Copywriting, copyediting, proofreading support
- 5+ years experience
- Strong project management skills and understanding of how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Superior communication (verbal and written) skills
- Strong partnering/teamwork values and works with a high degree of integrity and professionalism
- Demonstrated success managing freelances/vendors
- 1+ year experience in email marketing
- Aptitude for data and experience creating KPIs and reports to track them
- Familiarity with HTML, WordPress (or other CMS)
- Strong excel skills required
- Ability to learn quickly and troubleshoot cumbersome systems and create efficiencies
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working with regional and/or satellite offices a plus
- Experience with direct mail a plus
- Interest in and commitment to Technion’s mission
This is an exempt position. The salary range is $70,000 - $85,000, depending upon prior relevant experience. ATS offers a generous benefits package.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter demonstrating your interest in this position via this link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=ats&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US