- Work with Marketing & Communications staff, other internal teams, as well as volunteers across the organization in the New York headquarters and through Hadassah’s US and Israel offices.
- Write for different audiences, including Hadassah leaders, existing and potential new members and donors.
- Responsible for content creation from ideation to completion including managing review and approval process.
- Collaborate on and/or create copy and content for advertising, video storyboards/production, email communications, website, podcasts, PowerPoint presentations, event materials, collateral materials, campaign themes, and more. Editorial writing experience is a plus.
- Copy edit, proofread, and fact check as needed.
- As necessary, edit materials from internal sources and from freelancer contributions.
- Source and edit user-generated contributions from both leadership and membership for various communications vehicles.
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications team to consistently brainstorm strategies and tactics for engaging our audiences
- Interview subjects and produce articles and other content for the website and other digital platforms, as needed.
Education and Experience
- 4-5 years of experience as a writer and editor for highly visible organizations (preferably non-profit), marketing/advertising agency and/or digital media.
- Experience producing stories ranging from essential Q&A-driven articles to research, and best practices for writing for the web content.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Genuinely knowledgeable and passionate about the topics and cultures that relate to our mission.
- As necessary, communicate and collaborate with communications, marketing, designers, and other teams, both internally and with agency partners or other external vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills (written and oral) with strong presentation skills and the ability to create compelling and creative materials.
- Strong editing/proofreading skills.
- Well-versed in the rules of grammar, NY Times style, and other stylistic and publishing conventions.
- Knowledge of writing for SEO is a plus