Hadassah is a 100-year old Jewish woman's organization whose mission is to empower women, advocate for healthcare issues, and connect women to Israel, in particular to the work of the Hadassah Medical Organization. The Member and Unit Services Division oversees the 700 local Hadassah chapters, promotes membership in the organization, and develops organizational volunteer leaders.
The Grassroots Engagement Senior Manager, will work with local volunteer leaders to raise grassroots fundraising levels, engage current Hadassah members in both local and national activities, and build an outreach program to increase membership. This position will report to the Managing Director of the Geographic Area and have on going communication with the area Major Gifts and Annual Gifts officers The Grassroots Engagement Senior Manager will be based in Newton, MA.
- Support the Regions to increase fund raising outputs in philanthropy and membership by working with local volunteers to reinforce best-practices, set goals, create an action plan to achieve the goals, and
- Participate in Hadassah Grassroots Fund raising training and once certified, provide training in local communities as needed.
- Identify opportunities to provide Hadassah programming to engage current and potential members while partnering with local volunteers to run the programs. Work with local leaders remotely by phone and videoconferencing, and travel (20% of the time) for face-to-face meetings.
- Share with Major Gifts Officers and Annual Giving Officers in the Philanthropy Division potential individuals for gift solicitation, as well as opportunities for donor engagement through local activities
- Track and evaluate activities by maintaining detailed records of attendance, dollars raised, new or potential members, stewardship opportunities, etc. Also contribute towards improving tacking and evaluation systems.
- Supervise administrative staff in the Geographic Area to prepare for activities and events as needed.
- Support the Managing Director to recommend unit engagement and revitalization strategies to help cultivate leaders, promote new member outreach and engagement.
- In coordination with the Managing Director and volunteer leadership, identify opportunities for collaborative events or programs across the geographic area.
- Work with the Marketing staff in the Geographic Area to ensure that materials created maintain a consistent and professional esthetic while adhering to National's branding guidelines.
- Help Managing Director and local leaders to build visibility and credibility of Hadassah in the community by identifying Jewish and non-Jewish organizations to develop relationships and build coalitions with.
- Identify opportunities for leadership training in local communities and provide feedback to Managing Director of how areas could best implement National training tools.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS Degree
- Experience in community organizing and/or event planning: preferably in a complex, member and/or volunteer-based organization
Knowledge and Abilities
- Stellar relationship-building skills with a variety of personality types
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work in groups and independently
- Marketing outreach skills in both traditional and digital media
- Ability to manage budgets
- Experience in facilitating group
How To Apply
Apply online at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=56f83f41-5ea6-479b-8798-d916f7f745c1&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=339770&lang=en_US&source=TW