The Associate Director Digital Communications holds a leadership position in the Marketing & Communications Division. The position ensures that all aspects of digital communication are consistent, within best practices, conform with the latest web technologies, and are up to date across all digital platforms—Hadassah websites, emails, social media, and digital advertising. This includes branding, marketing, graphics, video, content, and events. Ensure that the Hadassah national website, all local websites and all of Hadassah’s electronic communications represent the brand and convey the organizations mission and priorities. Ensure that the national website content is set up and monitored for SEO.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Communications staff including, but not limited to the Division Director, Director of Marketing & Special Projects, Web Developer, Web Associate, Assoc. Director of Internal Communications and Assoc. Director of External Communications
- Work closely with Hadassah’s Operations Department regarding databases, servers and other technology.
- Work closely with the Operations department on back end website issues/changes/solutions.
- Work closely with staff and volunteers in Membership, Programming, Advocacy, Philanthropy, Conferences/Meetings, and Travel to strategize and fulfill all digital requests.
- Work closely with colleagues on Peer-to-Peer fundraising campaigns; provide assistance to units having annual walk-a-thons using Blackbaud Team Raiser
- Responsible for website content maintenance including regular review and maintenance of site content pages, landing page, and general donation/membership forms.
- Initiate new projects based upon organizational priorities and needs to further advance technology-based communication.
- Bring new relevant digital initiatives to the national website that will advance the organization’s mission as well as attract and engage members, prospective members, donors and potential donors.
- Troubleshoot web problems in collaboration with Operations department as needed.
Education and Experience
- College graduate with a degree in a related field preferable
- A minimum of at least 7 years of experience managing and developing all digital platforms including web-based CRM products (websites and self-standing applications).
- Previous experience managing websites with proven success in increasing visitor engagement through a positive user experience.Experience with SEO for a non-profit website.
- Previous experience managing staff
- Experienced managing social media platforms, i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn.
- Prior experience incorporating membership and fundraising modules on the public website a major plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have knowledge of website creation, usability, technology, software and best practices
- Ability to manage technical vendors as necessary
- Must be experienced implementing and using a web analytics tool like Google, and other analytics platforms as needed.
- Familiarity with Blackbaud Luminate an advantage
- Understanding of PC and Mac platforms and cross-browser compatibility
- Experience in Photoshop, podcast platforms such as Libsyn and streaming video helpful
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate in an efficient, professional manner verbally and in writing
- Must have ability to overseeing diverse projects simultaneously