The Program Specialist, Fellowships will handle fellowship programs delivery, manage fellows, partners, sponsors, consultants, and contractors on a daily basis, and deploy the revenue generation strategy defined for the Empowerment programs.
The ideal candidate would have exceptional communications and coordination skills, project management knowledge, enthusiasm for our mission, and English language proficiency.
Want to learn more about what we do? Read on!
For decades, the Internet Society has been empowering people from all around the globe to contribute to the development of the Internet, ensuring that it remains open, globally connected, secure and trustworthy. We are trusted by Internet leaders because we helped build and shape the Internet. Our Empowerment Programs have been training, equipping, and supporting Internet Champions from all around the world for more than 10 years.
With several fellowship programs running in parallel, we now are seeking a well-organized, technologically-savvy, self-motivated individual for the position of Program Specialist.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Support the Fellowships
- Build the Fellowship Programs Strategy and develop a 5-year plan, with key deliverables, milestones and KPIs/OKRs per year.
- Develop programs plans & schedules.
- Create Materials, including the “Program Welcome Packages”
- Create and maintain program’s files, guides, reports, schedules, and other documentation.
- Maintain timelines of deliverables.
- Coordinate fellow selection processes.
- Assist with the drafting, reviewing, and submitting of agreements and invoices.
- Manage stakeholder relationships, including partners, sponsors, mentors, and guest speakers.
- Coordinate logistics and arrangements for (online) Program meetings, workshops, and seminars, as needed.
- Moderate/Host virtual sessions.
- Support fellows regularly, as well as solve practical/basic problems the Fellows might have.
- Build an engagement strategy for fellows and alumni (once they complete the programs) to stay connected and keep defending the Internet
- Guide and orient fellows and alumni to successfully advance our mission while boosting their careers.
- Work closely with the Learning Management System team to be sure the Program is delivered successfully.
- Manage Travel logistics to successfully send fellows to key events (when applicable).
- Create and launch surveys, as well as collect and analyze the results.
- Perform Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) of the Fellowships.
- Standardize processes and build the "Program Delivery Toolkit".
Support the entire Empowerment team by contributing to the department’s business strategy
- Build and maintain relationships with partners, sponsors, donors, and granters.
- Further develop and implement a strategy that results in donors and/or organizations funding Empowerment programs.
- Analyze data for decision-making and continuing value creation.
- Build, expand, and promote the Empowerment Programs.
- Work across the Empowerment team and in close collaboration with Community Engagement, Partnerships, Content, Marketing and Communications teams.
- Support with tasks related to any of the activities led by the team (Alumni, Trainings, eLearning, Fundraising, and more).
- Represent the Internet Society in relevant meetings and forums to advance opportunities
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar position on an Internet-related field.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills, and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent coordination, organization, and administrative skills.
- Able to handle and prioritize many projects at the same time.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact positively in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment.
- Good public speaking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals and/or team with multi-cultural environment spread across multiple time zones.
- Strong ability to quickly gain trust among a broad variety of individuals and build enduring relationships across a vibrant global community.
- Clear understanding of data, analytics, metrics, and statistics.
- Excellent computer literate in standard applications (MS Office suit as a minimum).
- Very detail oriented.
- Proficiency in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills; proficiency in French and/or Spanish is a plus.
- Commitment to the Internet Society’s mission, values and objectives.
- Experience working with a Globally distributed workforce and ability to work across time zone.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability interact positively in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to travel as needed.
How To Apply
Apply via website