CARIE is a nonprofit organization, founded in 1977 and based in Philadelphia, dedicated to improving the quality of life for vulnerable older adults. CARIE is recognized throughout the region and the country as a resource for a wide range of people and institutions seeking to resolve elder care issues. CARIE currently employs 30+ staff with an annual budget of about $2,950,000.
The Executive Director is a full-time position in charge of directing CARIE’s strategic vision and advancing its mission. The responsibilities include overseeing the guiding leadership team, executing CARIE’s strategic plan, and representing CARIE to funders, other stakeholders, and the public.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values at CARIE. CARIE values ideas that come from a diverse work environment and are committed to bringing diversity of thought, experience, and expertise into all aspects of our work. CARIE promotes a culture of accepting, respecting, and valuing differences that include attributes such as age, race, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender expression, sexual identity, ability, language, family circumstance and cultural background. All candidates who meet the requirements of this position are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate and implement agency objectives and policy in collaboration with the Board of Directors.
- Plan, organize, and direct agency operations.
- Develop, review, and implementation of CARIE’s policy and procedures.
- Manage fiscal operations. Develop and oversee CARIE’s budget in collaboration with the organization’s head of finance and the Treasurer, and the finance committee of the Board.
- Anticipate and identify social needs that can be met by CARIE. Establish new programs or procedures to meet these needs.
- Facilitate evaluation of CARIE’s effectiveness and achievements.
- Maintain and promote effective relationships with relevant external agencies including government, social service, consumer, and advocacy groups.
- Participate in community planning, policy, and advisory boards and organizations relative to long-term care issues.
- Maintain knowledge of issues and concerns in the long-term care system and ensure opportunities for continued education and development of employees.
- Prepare and interpret statistical and narrative reports regarding agency services. Maintain records and reports as basis for accountability and evaluation.
- Facilitate community outreach and education, i.e., speaking engagements, media presentations, etc.
- Manage leadership team.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- MSW, MBA, MPH, or related degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in nonprofit management.
- Experience in and/or knowledge of aging policy, resources for older persons and their caregivers, and the long-term care system.
- Experience in negotiating or resolving problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; public speaking/training expertise.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Criminal Background Check
- Professional References
Competitive salary, excellent benefits
CARIE is an equal opportunity employer
How To Apply
Please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: administration@CARIE.org
No calls please