National advocacy non-profit, based in the DC Metro area, is actively searching for a half-time Executive Director.
Company: Established not-for-profit advocacy organization. Mission to promote and preserve freedom and democracy, as well as American values and influence, in the Czech Republic and Central Europe, a strategic but threatened region of the world. (www.afocr.org)
Location: Washington D.C. Metropolitan Area
Hours/Schedule: Schedule is generally during normal business hours, but can include events on weekends and evenings.
Facilities/Support: Executive Director will work remotely and initially without administrative support.
Rate: Based on experience.
Job Description: Executive Director reports to and informs the Board of Directors and is responsible for fundraising, programming, and oversight/execution of financial, administrative, and operational activities.
- Leads the organization in accordance with its mission and values
- Leads in strategic planning and implements the strategic plan
- Strengthens existing, and develops new, funding relationships to ensure a diverse source of funding
- Develops and maintains positive and productive relationships with stakeholders
- Represents the organization and increases its presence among the foreign affairs community and its constituencies
- Develops, leads, and executes programs and expands existing people-to-people exchanges
- Develops, leads, and executes public relations, social media outreach, and newsletter publication
- Proposes an annual budget and manages finances within the budget
- Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree; graduate degree preferred
- Experience: Minimum of 7 years’ nonprofit managerial experience, preferably in the advocacy sector with emphasis on fund raising, marketing/PR, program management, and leadership initiatives
- Demonstrated success in fundraising with foundations, corporations, government entities, and individuals
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to leverage limited resources and manage multiple, competing priorities
- A creative, innovative, and strategic thinker with extraordinary interpersonal skills who builds relationships across stakeholder groups
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; native English proficiency
- Innovative and strategic leader with demonstrated record of success in the non-profit area.
- Considered a plus will be knowledge of, and keen interest in, the Czech Republic, Central Europe, and foreign affairs
How To Apply
To Apply: Cover letter and resume, with compensation expectations, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.