SYMPHONIC JAZZ ORCHESTRA
Compensation and hours:
Part-time position, 12-15 hours per week, flexible schedule. $18.00 per hour compensation, with no benefits.
Based in Westchester, the Symphonic Jazz Orchestra (www.SJOmusic.org) is a non-profit organization that inspires the next generation through its Music in the Schools program, which currently serves 4,700 students each week . The 68-member professional ensemble also performs, records and commissions symphonic jazz.
The SJO is now seeking an Administrative Assistant to support the Outreach Manager and the expanding Music in the Schoolsprogram, as well as assist with special events and concerts. The ability to multi-task and work as an effective member of a team is essential. The ideal candidate for this position is resourceful, a good problem solver, and has strong communication and organizational skills.
- Assist in coordinating Teaching Artist’s schedules, paperwork, trainings etc.
- Compile and organize teacher evaluations
- Assist with social media posts and email communications
- Write letters including donor thank you letters
- Research and purchase office and music program supplies
- Assist in filing and general office organization
- Assist in Event Planning and communications
- Transport food and supplies to and from events, including unloading, setting-up, and breaking down. Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Work at events including volunteer management
- Coordinate the annual commissioning contest
- Respond to questions and requests for information
- Proficiency in MS Office, Word, Excel, various email platforms, Facebook, and twitter. Familiarity with Constant Contact, Survey Monkey, and Dropbox a plus.
- Dedicated self-starter able to operate independently with limited infrastructure
- Excellent organizational, writing and communication skills
- Non-profit experience a plus
How To Apply
Email email@example.com with a cover letter and resume. No phone calls please.