The Workforce Specialist (WFS) will be overseeing Workforce Development Program (WFDP) by building a robust pipeline to employment & career success for YOC’s Disconnect Youth. WFS will demonstrate expertise in job readiness training, career exploration & planning, understand current labor market data, and assist YOC staff in developing strategies to support target population. WFS will utilize WFDP assessment tools, data entry (ETO) software, and maintain an organize filing record for target population.
- Works with Program Director and YOC team to implement a robust educational and skills building program to help Disconnect Youth become marketable, self-sufficiency, and gain skills through professional certifications.
- Counsels Disconnect Youth through job search strategies, personal career advisement, identifying barriers to employment, goal planning, and identifying local or state resources for employment success.
- Oversee and develop strategies to expand Work Experience Program (WEX) by building positive relationships with educational institutions, partnered employers, and county stake holders.
- Provide academic advising and career coaching to support Disconnect Youth understanding of a vast career exploration, career planning, FAFSA & Scholarships knowledgeable, familiarize with technical careers, and create/maintain partnerships with higher educational institutions & employers to support Career Pathway Program.
- Demonstrates effective use of the guidelines and standards of Positive Youth Development and Identity, Inc. Case Management Model to support the needs of Disconnect Youth.
- Hire, supervise, and mentor Career and Job Coach staff following Identity, Inc. HR protocols and procedures.
- Utilize Identity, Inc. standard assessment tools including intake, data entry (ETO), follow-up, exit & satisfaction surveys either paper copy or electronic versions.
- Coordinate with YOC staff to evaluate Disconnect Youth’s progress at regular intervals and provide integrated support services.
- Adheres to Identity, Inc.’s organizational policies, confidentiality standards, and support mission and values.
- Participates in organization’s advocacy activities
- Supports other staff and programs as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned, required, or needed
- Open work area with some noise and foot traffic, and controlled air temperature
- May require continuous sitting for prolonged periods, more than two consecutive hours in an 8-hour day interspersed with mobility, Keyboard use of greater or equal to 40% of the workday
- The ability to lift and move up to 10 lbs
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work a flexible 40-hour workweek including evening and weekend
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA in related field preferred; however, equivalent experience working with low income, disadvantaged, and/or foreign born may be substituted.
- Demonstrable experience in providing effective workforce related training.
- Demonstrable subject matter expertise in the areas of resume writing, interviewing techniques, setting and achieving employment and career goals, understanding labor market information, employment resources.
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification preferred.
- Training in Child Protective Services’ reporting requirements.
- WFD credentials preferred; GCDF; CCSP; CWDP.
- Must be able to pass a criminal federal background check and a Child Protective Services background check.
- Valid driver’s license with own vehicle required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bilingual English/Spanish Required.
- Ability to conceptualize and implement programs required.
- Knowledge of WFD concepts and best practices.
- Knowledge of job market opportunities for youth without college education.
- Excellent training skills.
- Ability to tailor program content for participants of diverse educational, linguistic, and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent oral communication skills in both English and Spanish preferred.
- Effective communication skills including goal-oriented discussions.
- Excellent planning, organizational, time management, and crisis response skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft software applications and ability to rapidly be trained in database system.
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org