Community Works is a highly respected non-profit agency which has been serving Southern Oregon residents since 1996. Their mission states, “Community Works strengthens lives and our community through prevention, support services, and advocacy for victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and homeless youth and their families.”
The mission is accomplished through a number of critical programs in areas of Victim Services and Youth and Family Services. Victim Services programs include the Dunn House Shelter, Victims Services Outreach, Sexual Assault Victim Services and the HelpLine. Youth and Family Services programs include Transitional Living, Mentoring and Truancy Reduction Program. Last year Community Works served over 13,000 people. Community Works is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors and has an annual budget in excess of $2M.
The Development Director is responsible for planning, organizing and directing fundraising activities including annual campaign, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. The Development Director is responsible for donor relationships and development of new partnerships. The Development Director is responsible for maintaining an accurate database of donors and fundraising activities; develops content for website, written materials and newsletters. The position may require unusual hours from time-to-time and travel. The Development Director reports to the Executive Director. The Development Director plays a key role in the success of the agency.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Works collaboratively and proactively with the Executive Director, Board and staff.
- Embraces the mission of Community Works.
- Develops, leads and grows the fundraising efforts of the agency including annual campaign, planned giving, special events, grant writing and capital campaign.
- Interacts with donors and prospective donors on a continual basis developing and enhancing relationships.
- Supports strategic direction of the agency for improved efficiency, effectiveness and growth.
- Maintains a strong presence in the community representing the agency.
- Maintains fundraising database and tracking system. Provide accurate regular reports as requested.
- Regularly reports to the management team and the Board.
- Develops and implements policies, procedures and processes to assure an appropriate level of control and compliance with applicable laws, regulations, grant requirements and standards.
The successful candidate will be skilled, strategic and engaged with excellent development, fundraising and interpersonal skills. Bachelors Degree in related field with 3 - 5 years development experience is required. Non-profit development experience, preferred. Certified Fund Raiser Executive Certification (CFRE), preferred. Proficient in Fund Development software.
How To Apply
Interested candidates please send resume along with salary expectations to:
KBR Solutions, LLC