Agency / Program Description
La Cheim is a non-profit, non-sectarian agency with 80 full-time employees serving the San Francisco Bay Area community since 1974. La Cheim currently operates 4 programs for children and 1 program for adults including two non-public schools which provide integrated mental health and academic programs; an STRTP certified residential program for seriously emotionally disturbed adolescents; a Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient Program (PHP/IOP) focused on stabilizing adults suffering from acute mental health crises; and a Therapeutic Behavioral Health (TBS) program that focuses on changing a child's behavior, while emphasizing the child's strengths. The Program Director is responsible for ensuring the integrity and quality of the program.
Our Short Term Residential Therapeutic Program (STRTP) is a Community Care Licensed (CCL) treatment facility for adolescent males. All residents are severely emotionally disturbed with histories of severe abuse. Most have histories of multiple past placement failures. The six adolescents range in age from 13 years old to 18 years old. All residents are either wards or dependents of the Court. The Residential Program provides services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Many of the residents are on medications prescribed and monitored by La Cheim’s psychiatric team and dispensed by La Cheim’s RNs and trained STRTP staff. Most residents are in Special Education either in La Cheim School or on a public school campus.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Program Director is responsible for all aspects of the operation of the STRTP Program including staffing, budgetary, treatment, and compliance with all state regulations.
Oversees program and ensures that it complies with all Licensing, Mental Health Regulations, and other regulations:
· Ensures the development of a clear and effective program and treatment objectives;
· Develops and implements all aspects of STRTP Program operation and policy;
· Develops, implements, and evaluates administrative plan and procedures to ensure clear definitions of lines of responsibility, equitable workloads, and adequate supervision;
· Ensures that necessary certifications are maintained: Fire clearance, licensing approval, mental health approval;
· Ensures compliance with Plan of Operation and Program Statement, updating the documents as necessary for Licensing approval;
· Ensures program compliance with an accrediting agency (CARF);
· Recruits hire, supervises, and provides for the training of staff, coordinates hiring procedures with the Human Resources Director;
· Ensures ongoing training of staff in accordance with Community Care Licensing regulations;
· Ensures that regular supervision is provided for staff; including providing clinical supervision to clinicians who require hours for licensure;
· Follows agency guidelines and work with HR for staff performance, evaluation, discipline, or termination issues.
· Designs, implements, and evaluates an effective treatment program
· Fiscal Responsibilities including managing a balanced budget/cost effective program
· Act as liaison between the La Cheim Program and other program agencies community resources;
· Provide a safe, productive environment for clients and staff at La Cheim STRTP; and
· Ensures communication between the STRTP Program School, District Schools, Psychiatric Team, TBS Program, and all involved outside agencies.
· Must have an LSCW, MFT, LPCC License and able to provide BBS certified supervision
· Two or Three Years of Residential Treatment Experience
· Two or Three of Administrative/Supervisory Experience
· A Valid California driver’s license, and own a dependable and insurable personal vehicle
Clearances of TB test, physical exam, FBI and DOJ, and other mandatory State/Federal requirements.
For full job description go to https://www.lacheim.org/careers
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Residential Treatment: 2 years (Preferred)
- Administrative/Supervisory: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
- Only full-time employees eligible
How To Apply
You can fax the completed form plus your resume to HR at (510) 222-6014 or email the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.