Capacity Building and Community Engagement Manager
Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits
This position will report to the Director of Capacity Building and will have responsibilities for, and will also take direction from, the Vice President of Community Engagement and the CEO.
Salary: $44,000-$48,000 annually
This individual will play a critical and unique role in building the capacity of nonprofits throughout Arizona. The successful candidate will source, create, and deliver programming for the nonprofit sector in addition to playing a key role in the delivery of Arizona Gives Day, one of the Alliance’s signature community fundraising event. Further, this individual will work closely with the CEO in the creation and communication of issue-based sector surveys.
This position may be located anywhere in Arizona. Travel may be required based on location of in-person events as needed.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Drives planning, promotion and execution of various Alliance in-person and virtual events and programs including all logistics for the event/workshop
- Coordinates and communicates with speakers and presenters
- Provides technical assistance and data generation for Arizona Gives program
- Assists with donor/sponsor database management/reporting
- Tracks affinity business relationships and manages execution of business directory listings
Information/ Data Management
- Updates front-facing web content related to programs, resources, and other association-related information as needed
- Interprets and summarizes data into appropriate format for external communications
Is This You?
- Is energetic and thrives in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Provides excellent customer service
- Possesses exceptional interpersonal communication skills to work with diverse styles
- Has association or nonprofit marketing experience
- Willingness to take initiative and display maximum flexibility
About the Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits
The Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits was formed in 2004 to be the unifying voice of the nonprofit sector in Arizona. The Alliance is the only statewide association dedicated to serving the needs of the more than 20,000 nonprofit organizations across Arizona. The Alliance does this through advocacy, education, information, connection and resources, which are tailored specifically for nonprofits, their staff, their board and their volunteers.
Mission: Unite, strengthen and advance Arizona's nonprofit sector.
Vision: An Arizona where all nonprofits are valued, empowered and thriving.
We accomplish this by:
- Serving the sector by providing quality information, training, and networking opportunities;
- Supporting the sector by offering savings through group-buying discount programs;
- Protecting the sector by representing them at the Arizona Legislature, state agencies that regulate nonprofits, and many other local arenas of decision making across the state; and
- Promoting the sector by projecting a collective voice to the public about the sector’s essential contributions and significant challenges in our communities.
We are guided by our values, as we strive to be:
- Diverse & Inclusive
Employer-paid health insurance at 99%, 85% or 70% depending on plan chosen. 100% employer-paid dental, vision, life, AD&D and short-term disability. Generous PTO policy; 401k options; flexible work environment; and paid holidays.
- Several years of successful years of program, training, or related experience, ideally in the association or nonprofit sector
- Possess an intermediate to advanced expertise in using MS Office Suite, Zoom and other video-conference platforms, survey tools such as Survey Monkey and a comfort in learning and using new technology
- Strong communication and influencing skills that include excellent writing and proofreading skills and the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully
- Proven organizational skills. Must be able to coordinate many varying projects concurrently and prioritize with minimal guidance.