The Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta works to inspire and lead our region toward equity and shared prosperity for all who call our region home. We do this work by providing quality services to donors and innovative leadership to grapple with the region’s most pressing challenges, seizing opportunities to use both. In 2021, the Foundation launched a new strategic plan, TogetherATL, to focus on equitably improving the life outcomes of all residents of metro Atlanta by connecting donors to community. The strategic initiatives of the plan will drive systemic change and advance place-based priorities by growing co-investment in the region.
Housing affordability is a key pillar of this strategic plan. The Foundation is focused on how we can coordinate and align capital around housing policy, programs and production.
Reporting to the Senior Program Officer, Housing Funds, the Program Associate will support affordable housing efforts, including direct investment in affordable housing production and preservation in alignment with the Foundation’s TogetherATL Housing strategy. A successful candidate for the Program Associate position will have an interest and passion for impact, a community-centered mindset, strong analytical abilities, have a learning orientation and possess knowledge of real estate and/or affordable housing.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Support TogetherATL Housing planning, including researching and understanding community needs, affordable housing sector capacity, and partnerships.
- Effectively execute programs as assigned, including managing applicant and borrower paperwork, communication with stakeholders, and intake and acknowledgment of applications via online and other systems; managing meetings and logistics; scoring applications; and project impact related to goals.
- Support pipeline development for deployment of the Affordable Housing Funds, including:
- Assist in reviewing proposals, conducting site visits and developing funding recommendations for new and existing housing investments.
- Supporting due diligence, underwriting, investment documentation and closings for affordable housing real estate loans.
- Tracking and monitoring investment pipeline.
- Supporting loan closings including with third-party partners.
- Work collaboratively with internal partners to support the management of above items.
- Support relationships with investment partners to enhance and expand opportunities for deploying new investments.
- Support daily operations and processes for impact investment funds including working with fund administrator and finance team.
- Work with internal and external partners on reporting, compliance, affordability goals (depth and duration), impact evaluation, and communication of portfolio performance and returns.
- Codify and analyze data, information, knowledge and learnings using Foundation tools and systems.
- Archive and curate knowledge, keeping information current and easily accessible for internal team members to digest and to share with stakeholders.
- Represent the Foundation at external events, in collaborative working groups, and other meetings.
- Serve as a point of contact with nonprofit and mission-driven developers, including providing high-quality customer service to those applying for loans and grants.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with borrowers, applicants, partners, investors and other stakeholders.
- Support advisory board and investment committee meetings and activities.
- Identify process improvements to streamline investment deployment processes.
- Administrative tasks related to fund development and deployment, compliance, generating loan and grant documents and mailing agreements and payment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of professional experience related to the duties and responsibilities outlined in this
profile and a Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, real estate, economics, public policy OR
five or more years of professional experience related to the duties and responsibilities outlined
in this profile
- Preferred experience in affordable housing or real estate
- Flexible, resourceful, and proactive self-starter able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented with experience in coordinating short-term and long-term projects with multiple stakeholders, performing duties with high attention to detail and quality
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate, manage and foster inclusive internal and external relationships
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams), and the ability to effectively utilize proprietary software, including project management and CRM systems.
- Must be comfortable operating in ambiguity while building systems in this work
- Excellent ability to organize and prioritize daily work and multiple requests/assignments – strong project management skills - while managing long-term strategic projects
- Proficient writing, editing and proofreading skills with the ability to gather and organize information appropriately
- A high degree of professionalism, confidence and flexibility that exhibit the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with stakeholders and colleagues of diverse backgrounds and in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong time management, interest in continual learning, comfort in managing up, and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Deeply committed to changing systems across metro Atlanta making our region a better place for all residents to live; experience in the nonprofit and/or philanthropy sector preferred; deep knowledge of metro Atlanta preferred
- Deeply committed to racial equity; familiarity with common words and concepts in the Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Belonging, and Justice field
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (medical and religious exemption accommodation possible) within 30 days of hire. The Foundation operates in a hybrid working environment with staff working in-office three days per week and the opportunity to work two days remote per week, if in good standing.
To be determined based upon experience and qualifications within the anticipated salary range of $50,000-$55,000. This position is exempt and employee is eligible for the Foundation’s competitive health and benefits plan that includes:
- Paid time off:
- Two weeks accrued paid vacation
- Two weeks accrued paid sick leave
- Four mental health days
- Two personal days
- Two floating holidays
- Ten holidays
- All benefits effective on date of hire – no waiting period
- 100% employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision) for employee-only insurance plans
- 100% employer-paid life insurance and AD&D
- 100% employer-paid short-term disability and long-term disability
- 100% employer-paid parking downtown Atlanta or monthly MARTA card
- Affordable plans for legal insurance, critical illness, supplemental life, and more
- Employee Assistance Program
- Immediate eligibility for employee contribution to 403b plan
- After two-year anniversary with organization, all employees receive an employer-paid contribution of 6% of their salary to a SEP-IRA plan regardless if the employee contributes to retirement
- Culture and Development:
- Individual Development Plans (IDPs) for each team member including trainings, resources, development opportunities, etc.
- Two Wellness Rooms for mental health with self-care items
- Fun monthly employee engagement activities
The Community Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta values diversity and inclusion; we honor the diverse needs, strengths, voices, and backgrounds of all individuals in our regional community.
How To Apply
To submit an application for this position, send your resume via email to email@example.com with
the subject line “Program Associate, Housing Funds”.
Due to the volume of candidates, we are unable to provide status updates to applicants or
accommodate phone calls or walk-ins regarding open positions.