The Intercultural Institute of California (IIC) seeks a skilled and highly organized Operations Manager to oversee the day-to-day administration of our business operations. IIC is a non-profit language school located in the San Francisco Bay Area with 160 students, 15 instructors, and 5 full-time staff. IIC was established 25+ years ago by the Korean Center, Inc. (KCI) in SF and currently has programs that include General English, Business English, and a Citizenship Program. Our school has been challenged recently by the COVID pandemic, as have many similar schools. While having successfully pivoted to fully online instruction, we hope and plan to strengthen and develop new programs that can guarantee an even more exciting future for our organization.
The position of Operations Manager (OM) will report directly to the Executive Director (ED) and be an integral member of the management team -- together with the Executive Director and Academic Director -- that will set the overall big-picture strategic direction of the organization. The OM will be expected to proactively understand all of the organization’s systems and to play a key role in improving the effectiveness of our day-to-day operations.
Areas of Responsibility
- Fiscal Management
- Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual budget process for board approval, in partnership with the Executive Director.
- Conduct monthly budget reviews & forecasting and produce financial reports that take into account revenue and expense margins.
- Ensure completion of annual tax reporting requirements, in conjunction with bookkeeper and outside accountant.
- Oversee bookkeeper and ensure payment of all invoices and payroll is occurring in an efficient and timely manner.
- Human Resources
- Ensure IIC compliance with all local, state, and federal HR guidelines.
- Oversee onboarding and offboarding of all staff members.
- Review and propose updates to IIC’s HR policies & procedures to maximize staff effectiveness as well as organizational health.
- Support the ED in addressing any legal HR-related matters that may arise.
- Facility/IT Oversight
- Coordinate and manage the upkeep and standards of IIC’s two campuses.
- Oversee custodian to ensure our facilities are safe, clean, and conducive to quality work.
- Oversee and ensure high-quality IT systems (hardware & software) to support effective IIC operations.
- Support the maintenance and performance of IIC’s website.
- Negotiate contracts and work with vendors and contractors related to all facility/IT operations.
- General Administration
- Together with the Academic Director, ensure all accreditation requirements are met.
- Implement advertising & marketing strategies, as guided by the ED.
- Help manage all IIC resources while reviewing and recommending all equipment needs.
- Advise and communicate with the ED regarding any operational items that would optimize business workflow and improve our organization.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or accounting
- 5+ years of professional experience in administration, project management, and/or finance
- Comfortable and experienced in budgeting and financial management, including familiarity with QuickBooks
- Proficient with computers and relevant software (Microsoft, Google suite, etc.), and basic understanding of website platforms (WordPress)
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Must show evidence of being fully vaccinated, as there will be some in-person office work prior to full re-opening of campuses in the near future
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated planning and project management skills
- Highly detailed, result-oriented, very organized
- Analytical problem-solving skills
- Can-do positive attitude
- Enjoys being a team player
- Self-starter and ability to multi-task
- Experience with non-profit organizations
Full-time, salaried, exempt, at-will
Reports to: Executive Director
Responsible for: oversight of bookkeeper, student part-time workers, and vendors working with IIC.
Salary ranges between $60,000-$68,000 depending on experience, education, and competency. Health insurance, vacation, sick leave.
Candidates should live in the SF Bay Area.
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and one-page cover letter indicating why you are interested in the position and feel you would be a strong staff contributor to IIC. Please email the two documents as a single file to: email@example.com.