The Grants Coordinator plays a key role in the stewardship of prospective and existing grants, and is responsible for the effective management and control of grants obtained by Global Health Corps. This role will serve as the lead grant writer, primary administrative contact, and internal coordinator of all grant activities. The goal is to create a seamless transition from the moment we’re invited to submit a proposal until the investment is complete and final reports submitted. The Grants Coordinator proactively develops strong relationships with key staff across teams at GHC to ensure authentic and compelling proposals and reports, and facilitate appropriate grant submission, spending, and reporting, which contributes to high-quality stewardship with GHC funders.
The Grants Coordinator reports to the Director of Strategic Development, working with them to evaluate grant opportunities as part of the fundraising process, and to ensure strong proposal submissions and increased support for the organization. The Grants Coordinator will serve as a crucial member of GHC’s fundraising team, telling the story of the impact of great leadership on health equity and ensuring our movement is powered forward.
- Develop and write compelling and concise grant proposals and reports, pulling in other team members as needed and collaborating to build templates to simplify GHC’s grant writing process.
- Engage with staff across GHC’s teams and offices to better learn the program and to gather critical information in non-burdensome ways to enhance proposals and reports, and to share organically with donors in additional interactions.
- Act as liaison with donors, under the direction of the Director of Strategic Development or CEO, to ensure timely and compliant submissions that enhance funder relationships.
- Maintain updated grant and all donation information in Salesforce.
- Administer grants for GHC, including: monitor grants and support compliance with grant guidelines, under direction of the Director of Strategic Development; communicate with internal constituents such as the Finance Team to ensure grant compliance; monitor grant activities to ensure compliance with all pertinent regulations and deadlines.
- Provide post-award administrative support including expenditure approvals, accounting detail and reporting requirement information: assist in the resolution of post-award administrative issues; submit interim reports, and review closeout documents.
- Assist with the administration of grant finances, including the reconciliation of monthly grant accounts, and forecasting grant receipts and expenditures.
- Support the Strategic Partnerships Manager and the Communications and Advocacy manager on special donor projects.
- Contribute to a collaborative, effective, and positive fundraising team.
- 3 - 5 years of professional work experience
- Previous grants management experience in a complex environment.
- Comparable experience in health or international development with a focus on project management or grant administration is highly desired.
- Strong communications skills, including experience communicating with a range of audiences.
- A passion for collaboration across teams and countries, with demonstrated skill for managing projects.
- Commitment to and passion for GHC’s mission.