Are you a skilled professional who believes in lending your skills to end hunger during these unprecedented times? If so, consider being the Gift Processing Coordinator for the San Francisco-Marin Food Bank.
The San Francisco-Marin Food Bank is comprised of a dedicated team of approximately 210 staff working collaboratively to provide over 70 million pounds of food to over 210,000 people in the Bay Area – a region where 1 in 4 people are at risk of hunger. Join our friendly, collaborative and hardworking development team. We’re looking for a talented fundraising professional to fill the position of Gift Processing Coordinator and help support department-wide efforts to provide every donor an exceptional experience, while recording and acknowledging donations and capturing information about supporters in The Raiser’s Edge.
As a core member of an integrated department with a commitment to excellence, the Gift Processing Coordinator is responsible for recording and acknowledging donations and capturing information about supporters in The Raiser’s Edge. The Coordinator collaborates with other members of the Development Operations team, as well as fundraising teams, to provide donors an excellent giving experience. By using all available technology and resources to maintain accurate, up-to-date donor and gift information, the Coordinator plays a key role in maintaining database integrity and providing excellent donor customer service. Supports short- and long-term fundraising strategies specified in the development work plan
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Donor Services
- Support fundraising teams in responding to donor inquiries that they receive.
- Gift Processing
- Plan, coordinate and perform gift processing and acknowledgements, including gift entry, tracking and mail merges.
- Coordinate online giving: download and import web donors and gifts daily, generate monthly reports.
- Coordinate and maintain data entry for third party giving and matching gift programs.
- Coordinate tribute giving fulfillment.
- Help oversee the work of administrative volunteers for the development department.
- Database Support
- Update donor addresses, mailing preferences, and other constituent information in The Raiser’s Edge and other relevant systems, such as Engaging Networks.
- Assist other members of the Development Operations team with providing regular financial reports on donor activities.
- Perform regular clean-up of data, including duplicate constituent checks and correcting records as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Two years of office experience in development preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite 2010.
- Proficiency in data entry, experience with The Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Ability to produce accurate work in a timely manner with attention to detail and talent for prioritizing.
- Demonstrated analytical skills pertaining to donor and fundraising data as well as resourcefulness in meeting the reporting needs of development office.
- Must be comfortable and productive in a team and results-oriented environment. Must be well-organized and able to handle details while pursuing overall goals.
- Outstanding written communication and analytical, interpersonal, and administrative skills.
- Ability to work and interact well with individuals (staff, volunteers, participants, donors and the public) from a variety of socioeconomic backgrounds in a culturally diverse environment
- Interest in hunger or food issues is a plus.
Your employment relationship with the SFMFB will be governed by the general employment policies and practices of the SFMB and the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) between SFMFB and OPEIU, LOCAL 29, OFFICE AND PROFESSIONAL EMPLOYEES INTERNATIONAL UNION.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
(The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
ENVIRONMENT: Standard office / Warehouse
FINGER DEXTERITY: Requires typing on standard computer.
TALKING: Ability to speak on phone and face to face.
HEARING: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
REPETITIVE MOTIONS: Frequent and regular movements using the wrists, hands, and fingers.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to view computer screens and documents.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: No physical strength requirement.
COMMUNICATION AND COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to interpret instructions.
MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Ability to perform basic math skills, use decimals to compute ratios and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Fluency in English. Demonstrated excellence in writing and editing.
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, life, long-term disability, and 403(b) retirement plan with employer base and matching contribution. Generous holidays, vacation, and sick time.
The San Francisco-Marin Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Position covered by OPEIU Local 29 Bargaining Unit
How To Apply