About Elders Action Network
Elders Action Network (EAN – www.eldersaction.org) is a 7-year-old, 501C3 non-profit network of volunteers that educate and mobilize elders to confront the social, environmental, and governance issues facing our nation and world. Our work is fueled by our love and concern for the well-being of future generations and all life. We employ transformative education, specific cause-directed campaigns, and innovation in the actions we take. Our four action groups focus on critical issues related to climate, social justice, sound democracy and regenerative living. The climate action group includes 13 state and regional chapters. EAN currently has two full-time staff persons.
About the opportunity
EAN is at a point in its growth where additional staff members are needed, and we are seeking an experienced individual who shares our vision and goals. Our current goal is to hire a Coordinating Director to work with our staff and volunteer leaders to coordinate and provide direction for our financial development, marketing, educational offerings, and action campaigns.
Working closely with the EAN Board, volunteer leaders, and staff, the Coordinating Director will be responsible for:
- Strategic & Tactical Planning – Coordinate strategic planning to ensure that EAN successfully fulfills its mission. Work with action groups and operations to develop and adapt, as needed, the yearly tactical plan.
- Financial Development – Develop resources to ensure EAN financial health requiring budgeting, revenue generation, fundraising, grant development, and donor stewardship.
- Marketing & Communications – Coordinate marketing and communication strategies and processes to expand EAN’s network and membership.
- Membership Development & Engagement – Organize processes for expanding EAN membership, leadership, and activity engagement.
- General, Operational Coordination – Work with EAN leadership, volunteers and staff to coordinate operations, educational offerings and action campaigns.
- Board Governance – Support the Board to fulfill the EAN mission, fiduciary responsibility, and 501C3 compliance.
- Collaborative Stakeholder Engagement – Serve as liaison promoting EAN’s mission and vision, and building capacity through partnerships.
- Minimum 5 years nonprofit senior management and organizational development experience
- Demonstrated experience with volunteer management and team building
- Track record of successful fundraising and grant proposal writing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understands and desires to promote EAN’s mission and values.
- Congenial “people person” who is curious, inventive, and proactive with multi-tasks requiring “hands on” involvement
Salary is commensurate with experience, and includes a flexible benefits package.
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your interest in and qualifications for the position, an example of an article or report that demonstrates applicant's written communication skills, and a resume in PDF format to email@example.com. Include “Coordinating Director Application” as the subject line.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Preferred start date is mid-November, 2021.