About Cordoba House: The Cordoba House is a New York based nonprofit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to leading, engaging, and promoting a distinctly contemporary, pluralistic and spiritual American Muslim identity. Under the leadership of Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, the Cordoba House originated as a program of The Cordoba Initiative (TCI), an affiliated nonprofit organization with the mission to improve understanding and build trust among people of different faiths and cultures.
Development Officer/Fundraiser : Cordoba House is working to raise the essential funding needed to expand our current programs, and facilitate new ones. The Development Officer/Fundraiser is responsible for developing the fundraising strategy and supporting budgets, and writing grant proposals to private organizations and foundations and other grant-making organizations, and to effectively communicate Cordoba House’s mission and programs to potential funders. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Officer/Fundraiser will assemble and submit grant requests, write reports, create PowerPoint presentations, draft budgets, conduct prospect research, and maintain a calendar of submissions, reports, and other deadlines, as well as create a database for donor tracking.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders;
- Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations;
- Establishing and maintaining personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts and program officers;
- Ensuring prompt acknowledgement of foundation gifts;
- Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports;
- Conducting prospect research;
- Prioritizing projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals’
- Providing writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgements.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org