The Information Technology Director oversees the people, processes and technologies within Tides entities, as well as provide direction and support for IT solutions that drive Tides’ Approach, Strategy and Business Model. The Information Technology Director is a senior leadership role, working closely with the rest of Tides leadership and internal/external stakeholders to identify key technology strategies needed to increase effectiveness of existing applications, support growth strategies and provide alternative cost-effective technology solutions.
The Information Technology Director plays a key leadership role in critical strategic, technical and management initiatives — from information security to customer experience, mitigating threats and driving business growth.
- Establish and communicate standards, including a team structure responsive to Tides current and future needs and strategy with clear positional roles.
- Assist in the development of short, medium and long range plans to achieve strategic and operational objectives within Tides.
- Regularly interact across functional areas with the senior management teams to ensure objectives are on track and results achieved.
- Direct research and potential technology solutions and implementations in support of new initiatives, opportunities and procurement efforts.
- Select and implement suitable technology, in conjunction with business partner(s), to streamline all internal operations and help optimize their strategic and operational value.
Leadership and Operations:
- Review performance of IT systems to determine operating costs, productivity levels, and upgrade requirements. Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Authorize, prioritize and oversee the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, and support of all hardware and software based on organizational requirements
- Analyze complex business needs presented by the user community and/or clients and recommend technical solutions
- Design and customize technological systems and platforms to improve customer experience
- Oversee data migration projects and integrations across enterprise systems.
- Serve, in conjunction with external contractors, as primary cybersecurity resource for Tides and maintain ongoing security initiatives around SIEM, authentication, and incident management
- Balance and prioritize the needs of client users and internal users with organization direction and capacity
- Where necessary, re-engineer applications support to ensure it aligns with multi-functional and/or multi-location business process, tactical planning, and strategic vision.
- Maintain oversight of all IT projects, ensuring that commitments are properly planned, staffed, monitored and reported.
- Define and communicate project milestones, service level agreements, and resource allocation to executive team, department leads, support staff and end users.
- Determine IT staffing positions based on strategic and operational needs, manage and delegate appropriately in support of meeting goals with a competent team.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Commit to comprehensive and consistent documentation of business systems and interdependencies
- Establish and enforce IT policies, processes, portfolio management, development standards and methodologies.
- Hire, develop, evaluate, reward, and retain a highly-qualified team of IT professionals.
- Foster a culture of innovation, transparency and accountability in IT.
- Promote a client focused approach at all levels of the IT organization.
- Ensure that the organization has strong systems analysis and project management skills, and the ability to execute business-critical projects.
- Develop and maintain a plan that provides for succession and continuity in the most critical IT management positions as needed.
- Develop and review budgets for IT department and ensure they are responsible to organizational strategy, stated goals, guidelines, and objectives.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analysis for IT spending and initiatives.
- Preserve assets by implementing disaster recovery and backup procedures and information security and control structures.
Tides External Representative
- Oversee negotiation and administration of IT vendor, outsourcer, and service agreements
- Manage, participate and attend industry related user groups, affinity organizations as a representative of Tides in the technology community
- Monitor the industry for developments in IT operations; evaluate and implement relevant new tools and service management frameworks.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Leadership and Communication
- Strong leadership, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations.
- Strong team player with a customer-first focus and attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- High degree of integrity, discretion, professionalism, and accountability to achieve quality results.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure strategic planning and development, project management, and policy development.
- Demonstrated experience and success with migrating business systems and infrastructure to the cloud
- Outstanding organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting and business operations
- Analytical mind and great problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding and technical knowledge of current network and PC operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Experience with and under
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- Knowledge of a range of vendor technology solutions; able to select and integrate the most appropriate technologies to support the business
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, or relevant business or technical discipline
- An advanced degree in a related field, such as computer science, engineering and/or business (MBA) is preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in IT management positions.
- Experience with oversight of organizational cyber security and IT risk management required.
- Experience with NetSuite, Salesforce or similar ERP systems and integrations required.
- Experience in nonprofits or a related industry is preferred but not required.
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Also pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. If you seek an accommodation, please advise in writing at the time you apply.