NFTE seeks an experienced fundraising leader with strong communication and organizational skills to join our Development team and lead fundraising for the Bay Area. The Development Director reports to the Vice President, Development. This position is part of the national Development team and also works closely with the regional program team. The Development Director is responsible for supporting, building, and implementing the Bay Area annual fundraising program and, as appropriate, may also oversee select national and/or multi-regional donor relationships in support of the organization’s overall annual contributions revenue goals.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage and grow the Bay Area fundraising portfolio; ensure grant/gift deliverables are accomplished on time and in the highest quality manner supporting strong year over year donation renewals and potential upgrades
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward renewal, lapsed, and new donors through well-planned, targeted strategies including prospect research, pitch creation, proposal and appeal writing, meetings, and reporting
- Lead the NFTE Bay Area Advisory Board in support of community-building, fundraising, and volunteer activities with support and partnership from the Regional Director/Senior Program Manager, VP, Development and CEO.
- Implement a regional donor acquisition plan to identify and pursue new corporate, individual and foundation contributions
- Coordinate Bay Area Youth Entrepreneurship Challenge finals event including sponsorships, judges, keynote/panel, invitations, etc. in partnership with the national events team and regional program team
- Oversee all necessary fundraising administration to ensure proper and accurate gift processing, tracking, and reporting internally and externally.
- Maintain accurate regional pipeline using Raiser’s Edge CRM including deadlines, actions, notes, etc.
- Ensure proper and timely recognition of donors with ongoing stewardship and relevant programmatic engagement
- Represent NFTE at regional and national events and programs.
- Be highly knowledgeable of NFTE’s goals, program model, culture, and key stakeholders.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in fundraising as generalist across corporate, foundation, and individual giving.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter with good judgement and an ability to work both independently and collaboratively across a distributed organization.
- Excellent communication skills a must, both written and verbal, with an ability to clearly articulate complex programs, present exciting partnership opportunities, and report on progress and outcomes. Must enjoy writing.
- Excellent relationship management skills (both internal and with external partners).
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage, and grow donor relationships.
- Track record of achieving progressive, measurable results.
- Strong organizational skills. Detail-oriented and embraces tools, systems, and processes for organizational management and efficiency.
- Positive attitude with customer service orientation and willingness to “roll up shirtsleeves” as a fundraising generalist expected to get the work done.
- Must enjoy working in a fun, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to NFTE’s mission and core values.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required; experience with Raiser’s Edge and/or Salesforce preferred.
- Ability to connect NFTE’s work and partnerships into the larger landscape of inter-related issues within education, employment, youth, and economic development.
- Support collaborative approach with teams across NFTE in a remote work structure.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- This is a full-time position virtually based within the CA Bay Area.
- NFTE positions are currently 100% remote - utilizing employee home office locations and where feasible, WeWork locations combined with remote work from home settings.
- The position will travel as necessary, locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this role.
Why our employees love working at NFTE:
- Internationally recognized educational nonprofit committed to a dynamic mission
- Competitive salary with a total rewards suite of outstanding benefits, including:
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance (fully paid by NFTE)
- 403(B) Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Generous PTO: 17 Vacation Days, 12 Paid Holidays, Personal Choice Day, Summer Fridays, Paid Family Leave (Up to 6 weeks) & additional NFTE Time (Holiday Break between Christmas to New Year’s Day)
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA): Pre-tax savings for expenses not covered by plan
- Dependent Care Account (DCA): Pre-tax savings for child care services
- Transportation Savings Accounts (TSA): Pre-tax savings for transit and parking services
- Tuition Reimbursement Program & professional development support through learning opportunities (internal workshops, external conferences and organizational projects)
- NFTE Recognition, Incentive & Bonus Programs
- Cell Phone Reimbursement & Employee Referral Program
NFTE (Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship) is an internationally recognized education nonprofit that activates the entrepreneurial mindset in young people. Research shows that the entrepreneurial mindset - skills and behaviors including innovation, self-reliance, and comfort with risk, communication, and problem-solving -prepares young people for lifelong success. Equipped with the mindset, as well as with the business and academic skills that NFTE teaches, NFTE students are ready to thrive in the innovation economy no matter what path they choose. NFTE focuses its work on under-resourced communities across the U.S. and in ten other countries around the world.
How To Apply
Go to NFTE’s website Careers page. Please attach your resume along with a brief cover letter. In your cover letter please respond to the following three points:
- Your experience as it directly relates to the requirements listed in the job description.
- Why you want to work for NFTE.
- Your salary requirements/expectations.
Your cover letter is important. Candidates who express interest by following directions and providing the requested cover letter will be given priority.
NFTE is a student-focused, equity-driven organization that works to empower youth and combat inequities in education, the economy, and our broader society. We offer a diverse and inclusive workplace where learning from each other is an integral part of our culture. NFTE actively welcomes people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!