National Center for Lesbian Rights
Development Database Manager
Job Announcement: September 2019
Full-Time, Non-exempt Position, San Francisco
The National Center for Lesbian Rights (NCLR) seeks a highly-skilled Development Database Manager to join our dynamic team of Development professionals. The Development department is responsible for raising $5+ million in revenue annually to support NCLR’s leadership role in shaping the legal landscape for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) people and their families across the country. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Database Manager will manage and oversee all data systems management systems, including our donor database (Raiser’s Edge) and online giving system (Luminate Online). Other responsibilities include training the entire Development team on data management products; overseeing the data management tasks of the development associates; participating with the development team on strategy and donor relations; and reporting on campaign performance and donor analytics. Experience with Raisers Edge/Luminate Online integration preferred. This position works with a variety of staff, vendors, and other key constituents.
About the National Center for Lesbian Rights
The National Center for Lesbian Rights (NCLR) was the first national LGBTQ legal organization founded by women and brings a fierce, longstanding commitment to racial and economic justice and our community’s most vulnerable.
Since 1977, NCLR has been at the forefront of advancing the civil and human rights of our full LGBTQ community and their families through impact litigation, public policy, and public education. For more information about NCLR, please visit our website: www.NCLRights.org.
- Oversee and monitor all data entry into and maintenance of the donor database including creating new queries, exports and reports and needed, and overseeing regular review of gift acknowledgement language and format.
- Oversee and monitor online giving system, including maintenance of new/duplicate records created in Luminate.
- Monthly board financial reporting, including timely preparation of Development Committee report.
- Manage all data for direct marketing and events activities: mailings, emails, invitations, & annual major donor recognition, including pulling lists, cleaning data, and communicating with vendors & staff, as needed.
- Work closely with finance staff; reconcile financials monthly and prepare for the annual audit.
- Develop & implement data-related processes & procedures for campaigns and events, including prospect identification, tracking, and reporting.
- Oversee paper and electronic archival systems for donor information and files.
- Supervise the consultants, temporary data staff and volunteers as needed, including any related special projects.
- Provide training to staff and volunteers on Raiser’s Edge and online giving systems as needed.
- Support NCLR’s development efforts broadly including annual events, campaigns, and community engagement
- Other duties as assigned.
Wage & Benefits
The hourly wage range is $29.80 - $31.73 and includes benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, and vision coverage; three weeks of vacation per year and holidays; short-term and long-term disability insurance; life insurance; pre-tax flexible spending plans for qualified health care, dependent care, transportation and parking benefits; and participation in a 403(b) retirement plan. All in a collaborative work environment. This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree and/or at least five years of development or related experience.
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Luminate Online or equivalent systems.
- Excellent computer skills. Proficiency in MS Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Experience with online giving and website content management systems.
- Commitment to NCLR’s mission and programs and knowledge of LGBTQ communities and issues.
- Excellent project management skills; able to balance multiple competing priorities.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Resourceful and flexible.
- Excellent communication skills; diplomatic.
- Ability to maintain a healthy sense of humor in a fast-paced environment.
- A team player willing to take on additional duties and responsibilities as needed.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter through our online application: https://nclr.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=36. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No telephone calls or emails please.
The National Center for Lesbian Rights affirmatively values diversity and seeks to hire staff that reflects the diversity of our communities. Transgender people, non-binary people, intersex people, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, and people with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
NCLR provides reasonable accommodations for the application, interview, or any other aspect of the employee selection process to applicants with disabilities. Please e-mail mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org request an accommodation.
NCLR is an equal opportunity employer. NCLR is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and disrespectful or other unprofessional conduct based on sex, sex stereotype, race, color, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, weight, height, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all employment practices including hiring, benefits, promotions, training, disciplinary action, and termination.