The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Corporate Partnerships Director manages the Corporate Partnerships and Workplace Giving teams and oversees professional relationships with corporate partners, licensing partners and corporate foundations and secures multi-year partnerships to achieve Wounded Warrior Project’s mission and fund programs & services for warriors and their families.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage Corporate Partnerships team members, mentoring them and developing their skills and abilities. Promote a supportive working environment where employees are encouraged to proactively address issues and solve problems. Manage both team and individual performance to achieve goals.
- Develop cultivate, and expand relationships with new and existing corporate partners and other external organizations.
- Effectively communicate the WWP mission, vision, and values, and the importance of WWP programs in public forums, events, and with corporate partnerships.
- Represent WWP and speak to business audiences, organizations and corporate executives.
- Work closely with internal and external teams to align cause marketing and sponsorship goals, objectives, and specific implementation plans to promote the organization’s mission and brand.
- Work with leadership and WWP’s board of directors to provide guidance with key partners and foundations.
- Establish effective working relationships and work collaboratively with WWP teammates to implement strategies and execute campaigns. Work across channels to ensure coordinated support and efforts among various WWP departments for associated promotions, cause marketing campaigns, and grant proposals.
- Identify key programmatic areas to enhance support through corporate and foundation partnerships.
- Participate in process improvement activities and on project teams as appropriate.
- Participate in strategic planning activities. Participate in developing and managing the department budgets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated success leading, coaching, and mentoring teams including remote staff. Proven management skills that foster an open dialog with staff. Team-oriented, with a desire to engage with others on day-to-day activities.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain professional relationships at all levels of an organization and build successful and effective relationships.
- Experience cultivating and stewarding corporate, foundation, and individual donor partnerships. Expertise in cause marketing and marketing.
- Demonstrated understanding of Wounded Warrior Project and its mission, values, programs, and services, and the impact of these programs and services on wounded warriors and their families. Demonstrated understanding of military service organizations (MSOs) and veteran service organizations (VSOs).
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Demonstrated ability to respond to changing priorities and complete assignments and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, demanding working environment.
- Demonstrated analytical ability and utilize critical thinking skills and analytical skills in problem solving.
- Strong presentation skills. Confident communicator with demonstrated ability to present information effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to establish credibility, be decisive, influence others, and influence change.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrated understanding of budget management.
- High energy level, self-starter, and willing to take initiative.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, marketing, or related field. Equivalent combination of applicable education, training, certification, or experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Five years of account management, fundraising, or outside sales experience.
- Five years of staff management experience.