San Francisco School of Needlework and Design is a nonprofit school whose mission is to preserve and advance the art of hand embroidery - a globally practiced craft. We envision a world where textile crafting is preserved practiced and passed down. We are looking for an Executive Diretor to join our team and lead our start up nonprofit through our next exciting phase of development.
The Executive Director (ED) is the key management leader and is responsible for overseeing fundraising, staff, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Additional key duties include budgeting, accounting, human resources, communications and marketing. The ED reports directly to the Board of Directors.
- Board Governance: Works with the board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading SNAD in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization
- Responsible for working alongside the board towards the fiscal integrity of SNAD, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising (individuals and grants) and developing other resources necessary to support SNAD’s mission
- Organization Mission Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of SNAD’s programs that carry out the organizations mission.
- Responsible for contributing to strategic planning to ensure that SNAD can successfully fulfill its mission into the future
- Responsible for the enhancement of SNAD’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for the effective administration of SNAD’s operations and management of staff.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of SNAD’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Resume@sfsnad.org