The Housing Development Consortium of Seattle-King County (HDC) is hiring a Communications Manager to ensure strategic, timely and effective messages are presented to the membership, community/public, elected officials and work to mobilize our movement to engage in the systems change work of our association. In addition, this role supports both advocacy and member services functions through communication and content creation across the association’s key platforms: the HDC website, Salsa Engage, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Salesforce.
Are you a skilled communicator excited about working to ensure that everyone in King County can live in a safe, healthy, affordable home?
Are you passionate about storytelling that effectively communicates high profile public policy issues to internal and external audiences?
Do you excel in use of technology to craft professional, consistent and impactful messages?
If your answer is ‘Yes!’, consider applying to join our team. Please see the linked complete job description for further detail.
- Demonstrated experience in developing a communication strategy and managing a variety of communication modes, including, email blasts, social media presence and website management, while maintaining consistent brand and messaging
- Able to translate complex/nuanced advocacy and policy issues/positions into readily accessible messaging for both informed stakeholders and the general public
- Ensure consistency of organizational voice, narrative, and brand throughout communications, across platforms
- Competency in Microsoft Office programs including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as Adobe Acrobat and WordPress. Other graphic software expertise a plus.
- A strong commitment to addressing race, equity, and inclusion issues in the affordable housing sector
- Strong internal drive to deliver on expectations while maintaining quality, accuracy, confidentiality, stewardship, and collegiality
HDC staff are presently working remotely, with a hybrid work model being implemented in coming months that will accommodate both working from our Seattle office and/or remotely. We are committed to the continued health and safety of our employees. Transition to in-person meetings and work is being phased as pandemic conditions permit.
Salary range is $65,000-$68,000 annually, depending upon experience and qualifications. Benefits include a prepaid ORCA card, paid vacation and sick leave, comprehensive health insurance and 401k Plan.
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and current resume for consideration to email@example.com. This posting is open until filled, with priority consideration given to candidates who apply by June 24th. The successful candidate will be hired upon identification to start within two weeks of accepting an offer of employment.
HDC is an equal opportunity employer. In carrying out its activities including membership, hiring and program services, the Housing Development Consortium Seattle-King County does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, political orientation, political ideology, age, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability.
We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. We value and desire a diverse workplace and strongly encourage Black, Indigenous, and people of color, LGBTQI+ people, people with disabilities, and people who have experienced housing instability or homelessness to apply.