*This is a remote position and is available to any eligible candidates in the USA. No relocation is required.
Enactus is seeking the next President of Enactus United States – the country’s largest experiential learning platform working to prepare next generation of leaders with a head for business, a heart for the world.
As a 46-year-old global organization with operations in 35 countries, Enactus engages #NextGen entrepreneurial leaders to use innovation and business principles to create a better, more sustainable world. Our global network is committed to developing leaders with the mindsets and skills to help achieve the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals in diverse contexts. Each year, we collectively reach tens of thousands of college and university students across more than 2,000 campuses around the world. In 2021, this work positively impacted the lives of 11.6 million people
Enactus United States is the oldest and among the largest of our country offices, annually serving more than 7,800 college and university students on more than 370 campuses The Enactus United States President will deeply believe in our vision that a better, more sustainable world is possible and will work to contribute to that vision at the national level. This role is responsible for the visionary& strategic leadership of Enactus United States, including leading staff; engaging and inspiring stakeholders; developing and implementing diversified revenue strategies; and scaling the impact of Enactus through programmatic transformation, partnerships, and growth. The role reports to the Enactus President and Chief Executive Officer, manages a remote team, and may be based anywhere in the United States.
The next Enactus United States President will:
- Engage and invest internal and external stakeholders in the Enactus vision and value proposition: Enactus believes that achieving the Sustainable Development Goals requires diverse, impact-oriented, globally-informed leadership. Enactus United States utilizes experiential education to prepare these leaders – college & university students - with the business and entrepreneurial mindsets and skills needed to create a better world.
- Scale the impact of Enactus United States: Although Enactus United States has been in operation since 1975, the potential for increasing our reach, relevance, and impact is significant. The Enactus United States President will partner with the Enactus President & CEO and Enactus United States National Advisory Board to develop and execute a robust strategy for significantly scaling the organization’s impact. This strategy will likely include a combination of growing the Enactus United States’ footprint, offering new innovative programs, expanding Enactus’s role as a thought leader, and mobilizing partners in the United States’ entrepreneurial education / education technology / social impact / corporate social responsibility spaces.
- Expand, evolve, and sustain Enactus United States’ fundraising base: The Enactus United States President will partner with the Enactus global development team to annually raise $1.5M. Enactus has historically been primarily funded through strong corporate sponsorships. In addition to nurturing those partnerships, Enactus and Enactus United States are now working to diversify our revenue strategies and build a strong philanthropic orientation
- Increase awareness about and relevance of Enactus United States among diverse stakeholders: While Enactus Unites States has been a core part of Enactus’s history, awareness about the organization’s impact has not been optimized. The President will partner with the Enactus global marketing & communications team to develop robust strategies for raising awareness, deepening relevance, and increasing engagement as Enactus United States evolves into a new chapter.
- Lead a new team and strengthen the broader Enactus United States community: The Enactus United States President will lead a remote, distributed team of 8, several of whom are in the first year of their roles. In addition, the President is charged with engaging the Enactus United States alumni base. Building a vision-centric, outcomes-oriented, and positive staff, student, faculty advisor, and alumni culture is critical.
Experience and Education
Enactus seeks an established senior leader with 10+ years of professional experience, which includes successful experience setting strategic direction and leading & managing high performing teams to ambitious, measurable outcomes. This role also requires:
- Deep, demonstrated professional commitment to Enactus’s vision, mission, and values (integrity, passion, collaboration, and innovation). This may include experience as a nonprofit executive, social enterprise leader, education / higher education senior staff member, entrepreneur, corporate social responsibility advocate, or ed tech leader.
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing a regional or national growth strategy and working with governing and/or advisory boards to develop and navigate multi-year strategic plans.
- Knowledge of and experience in collaborating with the United States higher education ecosystem, including successfully working directly with college and university faculty, administrators, and staff to achieved shared goals.
- Proven experience building a comprehensive nonprofit fundraising or sales operation aligning multiple aspects of revenue development combined with excitement about collaborating with a matrixed fundraising team
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including an ability and desire to develop and maintain strong relationships with a variety of diverse stakeholders, and competence as a highly articulate communicator, skilled at delivering a compelling case for support.
- Experience designing, implementing, and evaluating other experiential / entrepreneurial/ social impact education programs is highly preferred. Direct experience with Enactus a plus!
- Experience leading teams to implement events from vision to execution is highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required; an advanced degree in business administration, public administration, nonprofit management, or another relevant field is preferred.
- This role requires the ability to regularly travel domestically to maintain and expand Enactus’s reach and impact.
How To Apply
To apply, click on https://enactus.org/career-opportunities/ and "Start Your Career with Enactus".