George Kaiser Family Foundation (GKFF) is a charitable organization dedicated to providing an equal opportunity for young children in Tulsa through investments in early childhood education, community health, social services and civic enhancement.
GKFF is currently seeking a mission driven and experienced candidate to fill the role of Operations Manager for the Birth through Eight Strategy for Tulsa (BEST).
Birth through Eight Strategy for Tulsa, known as BEST, represents an exciting opportunity for Tulsa. Nationally distinctive in its size, scope, and depth of partner engagement, BEST is a comprehensive, continuous and integrated approach that focuses on families to help break the cycle of intergenerational poverty. This strategy knits together programs and services to create a seamless continuum of support. Programs, services, community agencies and philanthropies are partnering with Tulsa’s families to build a cycle of opportunity.
BEST currently partners with over two dozen public and non-profit agencies that are delivering health, education, criminal justice and social services to children and families in Tulsa. As part of the small and entrepreneurial BEST Management Team and a growing BEST Operations Team, the Operations Manager will manage efforts to ensure that BEST’s operations—including reporting, process management, the CRM for partner data, grant renewals and internal communications—run smoothly. This person will play an important role managing the systems and processes needed in order to support the BEST Management Team and its partners in executing on a shared vision of success for the BEST initiative. The Operations Manager will also need to exercise strong communications skills to manage up to BEST’s Director of Operations, collaborating with other BEST team members and coordinating with other operations-focused staff within GKFF. This is a full-time position with benefits and is based in Tulsa at the GKFF office.
The Operations Manager will report to and work closely with the BEST Director of Operations and will be a member of the GKFF BEST Management Team.
This person will also work closely with other members of the GKFF BEST team; coordinate with other operations- and HR-focused staff within GKFF; and collaborate with external stakeholders, both local and national, on a regular basis.
- Data, Process and Systems Management:
- Collaborate with the BEST Director of Operations to develop, manage and refine internal systems and processes to ensure all operations activities run smoothly and efficiently, BEST deadlines are met and key stakeholders are included in the process at appropriate times.
- Lead the management and analysis of many of BEST’s data collection processes related to BEST collective outcomes and progress across partners.
- Manage processes within BEST’s CRM, ensuring the CRM provides an effective communication flow among BEST Management Team members and other colleagues at GKFF.
- Maintain BEST’s performance management system for the BEST Management Team and support the regular performance management reporting processes of BEST partners.
- Work closely with other BEST Management Team members to provide guidance on how they can best leverage the CRM to track and support relationships and data.
- Design process and systems refinements with people at the center; work with the Director of Operations to apply a human-centered approach to operations.
- Manage supports (e.g., using reports, applying new tools for communication,) for the BEST Management Team on partner operations-related activities.
- Collaborate with the BEST Management Team to capture and document real-time and ongoing updates in the budget and in the BEST CRM.
- Support the Director of Operations in regularly reviewing BEST program budgets to identify trends, risks and opportunities.
- Support BEST partners in preparing and submitting program budgets to BEST for annual review.
- Manage reporting process on a quarterly basis for reports shared with internal and external stakeholders, including collection of data, synthesis, analysis and communications.
- Support the Director of Operations in providing financial and other reports and updates for both internal and external purposes to the BEST Management Team, the Grant Operations Team, the GKFF Board of Directors and other key GKFF team members.
- Support internal communication by developing and disseminating internal operations information, systems processes, team logistics and other updates.
- Support external communication by developing and disseminating materials for BEST partners related to BEST agreements, grants, and reporting; support with regular reporting related to BEST progress and finances for a variety of external audiences and purposes.
- Provide strategic and technical support to partners as they develop program budgets and submit periodic data; serve as a first responder for partner questions related to BEST’s systems and partner portal.
- Incorporate BEST core values into all communications.
- Collaborate with the Director of Operations and others to coordinate efficient meeting schedules with broader GKFF team members, including administrative staff.
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Master’s and/or additional certification preferred.
- At least 3 years of related experience in business, finance or program management preferred
Skills, Knowledge and Professional Experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite; advanced Excel skills preferred
- Experience with MS Power BI, database administration, and Salesforce or similar Client Relationship Manager (CRM) strongly preferred
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and web-based software with minimal support
- At least 1-2 years’ experience working with organizational or departmental budgets, including budget creation, line item monitoring and budget analysis
- Experience working with payables strongly preferred (including professional experience within finance or accounting related to payroll, invoice processing, grants or business reporting)
- Experience with management or reporting related to one or more of the following: contracts, business agreements, grants, program design and evaluation
- Formal experience and/or strong personal processes related to project management
- Strong sense of fiscal stewardship and ability to quickly grasp and apply organizational values to financial analyses
- Ability to craft and execute business rules through an equity lens, while managing up and advocating for shifts to internal policies and systems, as needed
- Experience with design thinking, creative problem solving and/or conceptual modeling a plus
- Experience with consulting, supporting stakeholder development or facilitating large groups preferred
- Experience working with nonprofit, governmental agencies or charitable organizations preferred
Proficiencies and Personal Characteristics
- A commitment to taking on bold and ambitious initiatives in order to tackle intergenerational poverty and significantly expand opportunities for the children and families of Tulsa
- A deep commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, with experience integrating these values into operations
- Ability and flexibility to perform and adapt in a fast-paced, start-up environment with ongoing refinements to processes and scope of work based on the mission of BEST and the build-out of the BEST Management Team
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills and sound judgment, with an emphasis on:
- Collaborating with peers and a wide range of partners using a solutions-oriented, strength-based approach;
- Demonstrating integrity and using appropriate judgment to determine how to engage with peers and partners as well as to manage up;
- Influencing others without formal supervisory authority;
- Actively listening to and empathizing with others; and
- Cultural competency: Empathy and ability to build rapport with individuals from various cultures, experiences and backgrounds
- Strong organizational, time management, project management and problem solving skills, with impressive ability to balance competing priorities and deliverables, required
- Strong skills in developing, managing and refining processes and systems to increase efficiency, enhance coordination and advance organizational goals
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills required
- Commitment to personal and professional development and the ability to incorporate feedback from a wide range of sources into continuous improvement efforts
- Ability to balance competing priorities while maintaining efficiency; ability to establish goals and execute with limited supervision
- Proactive and able to anticipate needs and issues
Cover letter and resume are required to apply.
To apply, please visit https://tulsacf.org/about-tcf/current-job-openings/.
George Kaiser Family Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws or regulations. We are an e-verify employer.
If you have a difficulty applying for any job posted on Tulsa Community Foundation’s website because a disability prevents you from using the online system, George Kaiser Family Foundation offers the following alternate application procedure: Contact Human Resources at 918-494-8823, and TCF will arrange for an alternate method of applying and will consider your application together with all other applications received for the job. Please call only for such application assistance.