Search For Good seeks an Assistant Director of Recruitment & Talent Management for Grand St. Settlement.
TITLE: Assistant Director Recruitment/Talent Management
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
REPORTS TO: Managing Director of Human Resources & Payroll
SALARY RANGE: $65,000-$70,000 + Generous Health/Retirement Benefits & PTO
Grand St. Settlement seeks an outstanding Assistant Director of Recruitment & Talent Management. Our ideal candidate is people-centric and process-oriented, committed to finding and retaining talented employees. A successful candidate is able to design and spearhead an end-to-end employee journey that aligns with the strategic direction and goals of Grand St. Settlement. You will oversee our employee experience from recruitment to onboarding to offboarding.
A passion for our mission, “to expand opportunities for low-income families and individuals by providing culturally relevant services that support community-building, advocacy, self-determination and an enriched quality of life” is critical for this job. Grand St. Settlement is in the business of making peoples’ lives better. Our success is intrinsically tied to a talented and happy workforce.
Grand St. Settlement is on the move. We have doubled in size over the past few years and in July 2023 will move into a beautiful new headquarters. If you are ambitious and would like to play a central role in our unprecedented growth, this is the job for you.
Assistant Director Recruitment & Talent Management
Your day-to-day duties include developing and implementing creative recruitment and hiring strategies to attract and secure a diverse pool of candidates. You will work collaboratively with department hiring managers to fill all vacancies consistent with our goals to ensure Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) and a positive candidate experience. You will be responsible for achieving staffing objectives; advising managers; onboarding new hires; assisting with training, and serving as a backup for payroll processing.
You will assess agency-wide staff development needs to drive training, identify, and arrange suitable training solutions for employees. You will actively search, creatively design, and implement effective methods to educate, enhance and recognize performance.
This position operates within Human Resources and contributes to an environment that enforces compliance and Equal Employment Opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design recruitment strategies consistent with organization plans and objectives; determined by meeting with managers to discuss needs and objectives.
- Build applicant pool by researching and contacting community services, colleges, and the internet; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; maintaining good rapport with stake holders.
- Attract applicants by placing job advertisements and contacting recruiters; using newsgroups and job sites.
- Screen resumes, interview candidates by phone, Zoom, or in person, make recommendations to hire or not hire and arrange for additional interviews by team coordinating schedules.
- Communicate employment offers for exempt and non-exempt openings.
- Perform reference/background checks for potential employees.
- Assist managers in writing and preparing offer and rejection letters.
- Follow up with candidates and hiring managers to ensure updated information on the interview process status.
- Utilize applicant tracking for reporting purposes.
- Assist with monthly/quarterly turnover reports.
- Manage onboarding program by conducting orientations; monitoring 30, 60, and 90-day evaluations; advising managers and employees on performance improvement plans.
- Establish training/staff development opportunities and coach others involved in training efforts to ensuring effective employee growth and development opportunities.
- Track and coordinate Grand St. Settlement employee training.
- Avoid potential legal challenges by remaining abreast of current employment law legislation; enforcing legal requirements and regulations with managers; recommending new procedures as needed; and conducting training at times.
- Participate in educational opportunities; remain current on professional publications; maintain personal networks; participate in professional organizations.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Administration, or related fields; Master degree preferred.
- At least two years Human Resources/Recruitment related experience.
- Three years’ experience in Human Resource Information System (HRIS) Workforce Now/ADP Platform, including payroll processing
- Communication proficiency, presentation skills, learning orientation, thoroughness, time management.
- Ability to coordinate staff meetings and functions, ability to prioritize and delegate tasks daily, ability to handle emergency/unexpected situations, ability to set future goals.
- Ability to simultaneously manage various projects by setting goals, and self-motivation.
- Ability to develop a recruiting plan, employ traditional sourcing strategies as well as developing new, creative recruiting ideas.
- Good judgment with an ability to make sound decisions independently that are favorable Grand St. Settlement and within legal parameters.
- Ability to maintain professionalism at all times with all levels to include candidates, employees, and members of management; including executives.
- Exemplify the desired culture and philosophies of the organization.
Note: Any offer of employment is contingent on providing proof of full COVID-19 vaccination including booster.
How To Apply
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com with “Grand St. Settlement - Assistant Director Recruitment/Talent Management” in the email's subject line.