Tides is Hiring!
Tides is a group of 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations committed to building a world of social justice. Founded in 1976, Tides accelerates the pace of social change, working with innovative partners to solve the world's toughest problems. Tides focuses on equality and human rights, a sustainable environment, health individuals and communities, education, and economic development. Tides' services include donor-advised funds, fiscal sponsorship, and shared spaces in San Francisco and New York City. For more information, please visit www.tides.org.
2021 was a landmark year in Tides’ 45-year history. We are experiencing a unique and powerful opportunity for transformative change for the future in how we lead and impact social justice and shared prosperity. Taking committed actions to prepare for this change, we have welcomed an expanded and largely new executive team, partnered with a top-notch social impact consulting firm to revitalize our strategic plan, and focus our operational excellence initiatives, and grown our core staff significantly. These investments will help Tides to better serve our partners and bring our vision – of a world of shared prosperity and social justice – to life.
Reporting to the Applications Manager, the Applications Support Specialist provides technical and systems administration support for Tides internal and external client systems. The ideal candidate must have excellent communication and troubleshooting skills, display a talent for bridging people and technology, carry high standards of customer service, and a passion for supporting organizations with a social purpose.
This position is classified as part of the collective bargaining agreement (SEIU 1021).
What you will do:
Tides Financial System: Oracle NetSuite (95%)
- Day to day management of NetSuite application support
- Serve as primary contact for internal NetSuite technical support requests
- Troubleshoot, route, escalate, and resolve wide-ranging technical and financial cases of low to high complexity involving workflows, UI, dashboards, fees, CSV imports, payments, financial data, tax receipts, XML, bundles, reporting, custom segments, forms, permissions, and roles
- Manage NetSuite Advanced Customer Support and ACS consultants
- Lead tactical working sessions and manage ACS caseload
- Translate technical needs and internal staff requirements and guide and implement solutions
- Manage system customizations and enhancement projects, including new functionality rollouts and modifications of existing functionality; coordinate and perform sandbox and production testing, UAT, and post-implementation support
- Liaison to all Internal and senior-level Finance staff across Tides three major entities
- Set up new Tides Center and Tides Advocacy subsidiaries in NetSuite
- Set up project fee revenue records; confirm fee rules adhere to contractual MOUs and reconcile as required
- Complete vetting and testing for bi-annual system releases; perform system audits
- NetSuite taskforce
- Training sub-team lead: manage and develop training program, materials,and coordination efforts
- Lead member of Technology, Testing, and Client-Centric sub-teams
- Member of Internal User sub-team
Tides Grants Management System: Salesforce (5%)
- Set up new Tides Foundation funds in Salesforce
- Complete daily auditing of live users
- Provision new Salesforce accounts for external fund clients and internal Tides staff
- Assist with database issues by escalating to Salesforce support
What you will bring:
- Strong alignment with Tides’ Vision, Mission and Approach and our organizational values of respect, equity, empowerment, accountability, and creativity
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; ability to manage situations, reprioritize, and meet demanding deadlines
- Ability to self-motivate and problem solve in a fast-paced setting
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently without close supervision and as a member of a team
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop effective working relationships with individuals possessing a variety of communication styles in a multicultural environment
- Ability to make timely and sound decisions and maintain confidentiality
- Experience working for and/or with nonprofits is required
- Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service to a variety of clients with varying degrees of technical expertise
- Proven ability to diagnose and resolve wide-ranging technical issues
- Proﬁciency in English
Education and Experience:
- 2+ years of Applied working knowledge of NetSuite is required
- 2+ years of Proven experience as a technical support role required
- Solid understanding of computer systems, Windows, Office, Office 365 mobile devices, and other technical products including Salesforce
- Associate Degree in Computer Information Systems or similar degree or equivalent relevant work experience in addition to working knowledge requirement.
Life at Tides
Working at Tides connects you with world-class teammates, enduring relationships, and an inspired sense of purpose - while our employee benefits support our team’s talent and well-being. This is an exciting time to join Tides. In the past, Tides staff have worked predominantly from our offices in San Francisco and New York. Today, our hybrid work model supports staff with remote work from anywhere in the United States.
Tides is committed to providing a competitive compensation package. The starting salary for this role ranges from $67,238 to $100,878 based on geographic location, years of experience, and ensuring pay equity within the organization. The recruiting team is committed to sharing more details regarding compensation based on the candidate's experience and location during the interview process. Tides offers a generous benefits package including: comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, life and disability insurances, retirement plan, educational assistance, confidential counseling and life balance resources designed to support the passion, commitment and energy that is vital to our team members.
Any Tides Network employee who wishes to use the office or travel to the office must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and boosted. You are required to submit proof of vaccination to the Human Resources Department at least 2 days before your first visit to the office. Employees who do not have vaccination information on file will not be permitted in the building.
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Also pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Applicants with Disabilities
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. If you seek an accommodation, please advise in writing at the time you apply.