As an integral part of the Annual Giving team at Hadassah, the Women’s Zionist Organization of America, Inc., the Annual Giving Officer (AGO) will join a team responsible for raising approximately $5 million from donors. The Annual Giving Officer identifies, manages, and develops strategic relationships with existing and new donors. This position requires a candidate with strong organizational and communication skills, and an understanding of how to motivate donors. The appropriate candidate should also enjoy working both independently and with volunteer teams. This is a great opportunity for a candidate that is looking to gain the experience necessary to become a Major Gift Officer.
- Creates and implements cultivation and solicitation plans for new Annual Giving donors on a case-by-case basis using multiple touch points including email, telephone, mail, and serves as a representative at various national, regional, or chapter events.
- Manages existing Annual Giving donors and re-engages lapsed Annual Giving donors by using appropriate strategies and tools needed to cultivate and upgrade these donors.
- Schedules and coordinates selected regional/chapter Annual Giving events working cooperatively with local volunteer leadership.
- Identifies and cultivates donors that could be upgraded to higher levels of giving.
- Creates and delivers Annual Giving and Hadassah focused presentations at various national, regional, or chapter events as appropriate.
- Reports and tracks the progress of the Annual Giving donors in his/her portfolio.
- Collaborates with Major Gift Officers, other Annual Giving Officers, and volunteers on areas of solicitation overlap as appropriate.
Education and Experience
- 3 to 5 yrs. Development or fundraising experience.
- Bachelor's degree
- Event experience highly desirable
- Experience with fundraising database management systems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Must have a high level of proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Interest in, or knowledge of, Jewish world is highly preferred.
- Prior presentation and negotiation skills are also highly preferred.
How To Apply
Apply for Annual Giving Officer using the link below: