The Manager of Grassroots Engagement is responsible for the oversight and implementation of a grassroots engagement strategy for the six Regions that make up Hadassah Midwest. They will work with local volunteer leaders to raise grassroots fundraising levels, engage current Hadassah members in both local and national activities, and build outreach programs to increase membership and philanthropy for the Midwest Geographic Area and Regions. This position will report to the Managing Director of the Geographic Area and will be located in the Detroit office.
- Works closely with Region Presidents on creating metrics for events around grassroots giving and membership and developing programs and initiatives for the annual plans.
- Participate in Hadassah Grassroots Fundraising training and once certified, provide training in local communities as needed.
- Identify opportunities to provide Hadassah programming to engage current and potential members, while partnering with local volunteers to run the programs. Work with local leaders remotely by phone and video conferencing and travel (20%) of the time for face to face meetings.
- Liaises with the National Major Gift Officer and National’s Development Division to identify, steward and assist with gifts over $5000 from donors in the Midwest Region.
- Share with Major Gift Officers and Annual Giving Officers in the Philanthropy Division potential individuals for gift solicitation, as well as opportunities for donor engagement through local activities and events.
- Track and evaluate activities by maintaining detailed records of attendance, dollars raised, new or potential members, stewardship opportunities, etc. Also, contribute towards improving tracking and evaluation systems.
- Support the Managing Director to recommend unit engagement and revitalization strategies to help cultivate leaders, promote new members outreach and engagement.
- In coordination with the Managing Director and volunteer leadership, identify opportunities for collaboration events or programs across the geographic area.
- Work with the Marketing Staff in the geographic area and the Managing Director to ensure that materials created maintain a consistent and professional esthetic while adhering to National’s branding guidelines.
- Help the Managing Director and local leaders to build visibility and credibility of Hadassah in the community by identifying Jewish and non-Jewish organizations to develop relationships and build coalitions with.
- Identify opportunities for leadership training in local communities and provide feedback to Managing Director of how areas could best implement National training tools.
- Assist Managing Director with coordinating advocacy activities.
Education and Experience
- BA and 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Experience and knowledge of a membership organization
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills - work successfully with staff and volunteers
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must have strong computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom, database
- Attention to detail
- Understand budgets
How To Apply
Apply for Senior Manager - Grassroots Engagement using the link below: