The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing effective administrative and organizational support to the Division.
- Handle administrative duties including preparing and tracking correspondence and other information and data
- Answer incoming calls for Division when requested
- Process necessary Finance Department forms (check requests, expense reimbursements, etc.)
- Assist with recording Education and Advocacy Division budgets and annual plan as well as payments for advocacy dues. Receive volunteer meeting registrations and expense reimbursements. Record expenses on an excel sheet.
- Process Meeting & Travel Department forms related to hotel and travel arrangements
- Assist in the updating of paper and electronic files and Departmental Calendar
- Perform clerical duties (copying, collating, distributing materials)
- Format materials for the Division (Annual Plan, Programs in a Box)
- Provide administrative support for Hadassah’s United Nations’ activity, as a special member of the UN’s Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) (grounds pass credentials, meeting registration, report submission)
- Schedule meetings and plan meetings/conference calls
- Generate reports
- Handle mailing of programs and resources
- Assist other members of the Division
- Provide administrative support all other Education and Advocacy Division functions for Jewish/Zionist Education, Hadassah-Brandeis Institute, Morningstar Commission, and programmatic partnerships with Hadassah projects
- Provide administrative support for online programs including questions submitted during an online program.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS preferred with 2+ years relevant experience
- 2+ years of experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook) and social media platforms.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of Adobe programs, HTML, basic design knowledge and online content management systems preferred.
- Ability to learn new computer programs/databases.
- Strong organizational skills; flexible, detail oriented