Under the direction of the general counsel, the Administrator will be responsible for administering the day-to-day operations of the department, securing charitable licenses and tax exemptions, state compliance and maintaining and servicing insurance policies and plans.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and submit to Departments of State applications for Charitable Solicitation Licenses for National Hadassah and chapters.
- Prepare and submit to Departments of Revenue applications for sales tax exemptions for National Hadassah and Chapters.
- Prepare and submit to applicable state and local government agencies applications for welfare tax exemptions/property tax exemptions.
- Prepare and submit to applicable state government agencies applications for certificates of authority to do business.
- Prepare and submit to applicable local government agencies applications for business licenses for local offices.
- Prepare applications for and maintain Hadassah's various insurance policies: Includes correspondence with Regions/chapters, divisions, departments for information, file renewal applications, pay premiums, process claims, provide notice of claims to insurance companies, work directly with insurance brokers and insurance consultants on questions regarding policies, arrange for issuance of Certificates of Liability Insurance per year for Region/Chapter/Group functions. Includes working with all departments/divisions in the organization and Region/chapters regarding insurance questions and concerns.
- Oversee and prepare budget of the department and prepare requests for payment of invoices and bills with respect to outside law firms
- Oversees issues with respect to maintenance of vacant land received as gifts, i.e. tax and insurance issues
- Service existing life insurance policies through Hadassah insurance plan program. Submit claims for cash surrender and death benefits. Works with development to arrange for implementation of memorialization.
- Answer day-to-day questions regarding work and department procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS or 5-7 years related experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Lexis/Nexis, NetDocs.
- Notary Public
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to assess situation, analyze and understand, and take necessary steps to resolve situation
- Ability to assess workload and prioritize
- Must be organized and detail oriented