Our well-established organization is seeking mature, motivated team members to mentor adults with developmental disabilities. You will work in the field, supporting people in going to college, working, and/or engaging in their communities. We presume competence, provide in-house training, and believe in supporting autonomy.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- One-on-one support for one or more clients
- Acting as a mentor and role model
- Learning, stretching yourself, and growing as a professional
- Communicating on a regular basis with team members
You will work on the Westside of Los Angeles (Culver City, West LA, etc.) and/or in the Beach Cities (Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, etc.).
We are specifically seeking candidates with:
- Volunteer, work, and/or personal experience supporting people with developmental disabilities
- Experience in AAC and/or AT techniques
- Drive to grow and learn as a team