Organization Overview: Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community’s greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
Job Summary: Far too often, Mental Health is connected with a stigma. Sheltering Arms Mental Health Program offers education to families, and promoting awareness that mental wellness is fundamental to economic, physical, and social well-being, and can be affected by serious situations, such as job loss or domestic abuse. Sheltering Arms takes a non-traditional approach to assisting families with the mental health services they need most, providing significant resources to obtain services. Throughout decades of mental wellness leadership, Sheltering Arms has developed best practices which have changed lives, rewritten the narrative around mental health, and leveled the playing field.
We are seeking a Spanish Speaking Fee-For-Service Mental Health Therapist to work in our Bronx, Jamaica and Far Rockaway Mental Health sites. The Consultant will provide clinical treatment to clients and complete required paperwork on a timely manner. We encourage recent grads who are working towards gaining licensure to apply.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide individual, group, couple and family therapy
- Assess and monitor for risk on an ongoing basis
- Maintain schedule of around 10 hours on evenings and/or weekends
- Provide assessments and referrals for psychiatric evaluations for Priority Access cases
- Complete treatment plans, progress notes, psychosocial on EHR
- Attend case conferences, training, meetings and supervision
- Masters in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling required; NYS LMSW, LCSW, LMFT, or LMHC credentials preferred
- Possess Clinical experience (can be intern experience)
- Interested in Telehealth servicing
- Available for work on evenings and weekends
- Bilingual in Spanish required
- $500 signing bonus for licensed Spanish Speaking Candidates OR reimbursement for successful licensure (for candidates who do not currently have licenses)
- Great team and supportive environment
- Gain supervised hours for those who are seeking licensure
- Potential opportunity to train in additional modalities that exist in our organization (i.e. Child Parent Psychotherapy)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms Children and Family Services that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to complete all standard administrative and support tasks including but not limited to climbing up and down stairs, operation of computers/phones/fax/printer/copy machine, and the ability to lift boxes, furniture, and equipment up to 30lbs. Must be able to travel from the various locations and sites of Sheltering Arms.