Who We Are:
The Alliance for Decision Education (“the Alliance'') is a non-profit education organization leading the growing call to have decision-making skills, or Decision Education, taught in schools K-12 across the country. We believe that equipping students with skills proven to drive better decisions will enable them to perform better in school and in life, improving health, finances, family outcomes, and their communities. Our work is backed by a growing number of teachers, parents, researchers, and business leaders who have seen Decision Education improve students’ lives and the lives of those around them. Our mission is to improve lives by empowering students with essential decision skills. For more information, please visit us at www.alliancefordecisioneducation.org.
The Alliance is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity, promotes equity, and encourages inclusivity. We are committed to building and fostering a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more diverse we are, the better our work will be, and the more impact we will have.
As a key member of the Development team and reporting to the Deputy Director of Development, the Senior Manager, Individual Giving will cultivate and solicit philanthropic gifts to fund the Alliance’s short- and long-term strategic goals.
This individual will qualify donors, build a donor pipeline, create and implement cultivation strategies for new and existing prospects, solicit annual and major gifts, and steward donors. Working closely with colleagues in the Development department, as well as colleagues across the organization, the Senior Manager will develop, execute, evaluate, and refine strategies for assigned priority projects or regions to maximize their development potential.
We expect this individual to adhere to the Alliance’s hybrid work schedule, working both remotely and from our office in Bala Cynwyd, PA. In special circumstances, we will consider full-time remote work for candidates who are not local to our office. Fully remote candidates will be expected to travel into the office occasionally.
- Manage a portfolio of individual prospects and donors using moves management strategies and evidence-based best philanthropic practices
- Identify new prospects through research and data mining
- Contact, cultivate, solicit, and steward prospects to meet specific revenue and activity goals
- Work with key stakeholders to cultivate prospects and build solicitation and cultivation strategies;
- Establish specific individual fundraising plans, including developing and executing a full range of donor cultivation activities
- Answer current and prospective donor inquiries; maintain relationships with existing donors through regular contact in order to maintain ongoing engagement
- Write correspondence, reports, and proposals
- Enter data in the donor database and assure accurate electronic and hard copy files of donors and prospects
- Participate in donor recognition events
- Participate in regular moves management strategy meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed to move forward the Alliance’s funding priorities
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, but not required
- 3-5 years of proven successful experience in individual fundraising
- Experience with prospecting, pipeline building, and prospect development
- Experience managing a prospect pool
- Proven track record of soliciting and securing a range of five-figure gifts
- General Attributes
- Strategic thinker with strong execution skills; performance and target driven
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Responsible, diligent, and conscientious, with outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- High energy, emotional maturity, and integrity; gracious professionalism and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive materials
- Committed to building credible and lasting relationships with prospects and donors
- Actively open-minded and intellectually curious; committed to becoming well-versed about the field of Decision Education
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude; ability to initiate and innovate
- High-level collaborator with a passion for the mission of the organization
- Commitment to success in the role and success of the organization
- Actively open-minded and intellectually curious
- Flexible and willing to adapt to changing conditions and focus
We offer our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package which includes: competitive compensation that is commensurate with experience, health and dental insurance that is 100% employer-paid for both the employee and their dependents, long-term disability (LTD) insurance, a 401(k) plan with a dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%, generous paid time off (PTO), equipment and supplies to work remotely, and other resources to help employees do their best work.
How To Apply