JCFS Chicago strives to enhance social-emotional well-being for adults, children, teens, and families as well as maximize potential for people with disabilities. Our mission is to provide help, healing, and caring services infused with Jewish values to strengthen lives in our community.
The purpose of this position is to identify and execute effective strategies to steward donors and grow their giving to the agency. This includes cultivating current donors to deepen their connection to the agency, as well as identifying and securing new donors. This is a great position for someone who is passionate about social services, enjoys working with a collaborative team, and loves building relationships with donors and providing them with meaningful philanthropic experiences. This person will:
- Complete donor visits, cultivation visits, and solicitations from a portfolio of 100-120 active, inactive, and/or new donors.
- Steward existing donors, deepening their relationship with the agency and their understanding of the agency’s mission and impact.
- Represents the Agency to Board members, volunteers, other stakeholders and outside organizations.
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably a Master’s degree.
- Five or more years of direct experience in working with individual donors and soliciting donations during in-person (or virtual) meetings.
- Knowledge and/or experience with the Chicago Jewish community preferred.
Why Join the JCFS Team:
- Our work is driven by compassion and a desire to improve the world
- We ensure staff receive high quality training, knowledge and the resources to succeed
- We offer a great benefits package (Medical; Dental; Vision; Paid sick and vacation time; discounted gym membership, tuition reimbursement options)
- Work remotely up to 3 days per week
JCFS Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. JCFS Chicago provides a reasonable accommodation to those who need assistance in completing this application. JCFS Chicago is committed to serving the needs of the diverse Chicago metropolitan area. Accredited by COA, Charter member of CWLA, licensed by DCFS.
New hires need to be fully vaccinated with 1 or 2 doses and booster, and provide their card upon hire OR begin receiving the booster within 2 weeks of being hired and participate in weekly COVID testing until fully vaccinated OR provide documentation for an ADA or religious exemption and participate in weekly COVID testing.
How To Apply