ICCT is seeking a Senior Development Associate to help effectively manage our increasing funding portfolio of more than $20 million annually. Reporting to the Sr. Development Manager and collaborating closely with program staff, the Senior Development Associate will research funding opportunities, coordinate proposals, administer ICCT’s CRM platform, and help track and visualize ICCT’s funding outlook. This is a great opportunity for a highly efficient individual with nonprofit fundraising experience who is interested in expanding their development career.
- Research international philanthropy and government funding opportunities through online investigation, monitoring requests for proposals, and discussions with program staff.
- Support funding proposal development including managing timelines, collecting and reviewing input from program staff, drafting text, assessing budgets, and coordinating with funders.
- Develop and implement new policies and procedures to streamline the fundraising process.
- Become an expert in Salesforce, ICCT’s CRM platform, and ensure information is complete and accurate, run reports and administer system changes or upgrades.
- Lead or participate in internal and external development meetings with program staff and funders, take notes, and manage follow-ups.
- Collaborate with the Sr. Development Manager to produce actionable reports and graphics of regional and global funding metrics and outlooks.
- Provide support on other special projects as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in development and/or nonprofits or other related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 2 plus years of experience.
- Led or supported the development of government or foundation funding proposals, or have transferable skills from individual giving campaigns.
- The ability to write clearly and concisely required.
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex or technical information into compelling narratives.
- Proficiency in data reporting, analysis, and/or visualization.
- Experience managing systems and databases is a plus.
- Salesforce experience is strongly preferred, and familiarity with Workday Adaptive Insights is a plus.
- A positive, friendly attitude. You are someone who enjoys being around and working with other people.
- Interest in making a difference on climate change or other social and environmental issues.
- This is a full-time position, based in our Washington, D.C. office. The salary for this position is $70,300 annually. We offer an excellent benefits package including health insurance, paid vacation and family leave, a 401k plan with a generous 7% employer contribution, hybrid office/remote flexibilities, transportation subsidy, and other benefits.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
How To Apply
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter describing your interest, qualifications, and earliest available start date and resume.