The Tides Legal, Risk, & Compliance (LRC) team is seeking a Director of Compliance. The LRC team is wholly and passionately dedicated to creating accessible, relevant, and inclusive tools that advance Tides’ mission and reduce and manage the legal and compliance risks applicable to Tides’ operations.
The Specialist will be primarily responsible for developing and implementing internal controls related to Tides’ corporate governance policies, and for accelerating Tides’ enterprise risk management efforts. Reporting to the Director of Compliance, they will work with cross-departmental leaders and decision makers to put into effect Tides’ annual risk assessment process, support ongoing risk assessment initiatives, and actualize mitigation policies.
This role presents an exciting and impactful opportunity to contribute to a growing compliance team and to help carry out a new compliance strategy and framework for Tides and its incredible partners.
Working at Tides connects you with world-class teammates, enduring relationships, and an inspired sense of purpose—while our employee benefits support our team's talent and well-being. This is an exciting time to join Tides. In the past, Tides staff have worked predominantly from our offices in San Francisco and New York. Today, our hybrid work model supports staff with remote work from anywhere in the United States. We will be reopening our offices in the future, date to be determined.
- Maintain strong understanding of Tides’ foundational corporate governance policies, including conflict of interest and whistleblower policies, document processes for implementation and recommend substantive updates to support policy accessibility, compliance and organizational knowledge.
- Develop and implement trainings and/or other materials for internal staff and, as applicable, fiscally sponsored projects, regarding Tides’ corporate governance policies.
- Conduct Tides’ annual risk assessment process, including by communicating with and supporting departmental leaders in completing input consistent with organizational timelines and goal.
- Maintain calendar related to enterprise risk management and insurance processes.
- Identify opportunities to utilize insurance resources to mitigate risk.
- Maintain materials to describe and document Tides’ enterprise risk management program.
- Conduct periodic risk and risk mitigation monitoring.
- Compile data regarding ongoing risk assessment and mitigation plans to support reporting to senior leadership and the Board of Directors.
- Other duties to support the compliance function as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with enterprise risk management; RIMS or similar certification strong plus
- Working knowledge of foundational corporate governance policies
- Experience with developing and maintaining reporting systems procedures and practices Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented, with ability to understand and appreciate and integrate larger goals and objectives
- Flexible, with ability and commitment to hold self and others accountable for high-quality, timely, effective results
- High-level and consistent work ethic
- Team player, with ability to collaborate cross-departmentally and with internal and external stakeholders
- Proficiency with Salesforce
- Appreciation and understanding of Tides’ vision, mission, approach.
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Also pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. If you seek an accommodation, please advise in writing at the time you apply.