Scion Executive Search (www.scionexecutivesearch.com) has been retained to search for a Regional Director of North America on behalf of our client, Porticus; a philanthropic organization that works towards a just and sustainable future where human dignity can flourish.
Through targeted giving in education, society, faith, and climate, Porticus enables changemakers to create societies and systems that work for everyone. The organization strives to understand the complexities of the systems that need change, assess where the most impact can be made, and engage the skills and knowledge of coalitions as well as local and global partners to tackle the root causes of problems. Porticus professionals develop and manage grants and programs in more than 90 countries. Lasting solutions aren’t achieved quickly or lightly, but Porticus believes that together we can make a fairer, more sustainable world a reality.
- Lead a team of Program Managers, Grant Managers, Grant Administrators, and an Executive Assistant.
- Deliver high-quality grant proposals to the various investment committees, oversee their implementation, and drive learning from the monitoring and evaluation efforts.
- Leverage the team, investments, and stakeholders to partner with other foundations and donors to drive systems change.
- Implement the regional strategy and contribute to the U.S. component of global strategies.
- Engage with peers within the Porticus global organization.
- Interface with Portfolio Managers in their respective areas of expertise.
- Maintain close links with various stakeholders including investment committee and family members, the broader Porticus team (esp. Porticus management team, fellow Regional Directors, and the monitoring and evaluation team) and partners/partner networks.
- Manage the day-to-day functions of the New York office.
- Ensure processes are followed and appropriate due diligence is in place for all of the North American grants.
- Must have a genuine passion and a deep appreciation for the mission of Porticus.
- Director-level philanthropic, nonprofit, and or foundation expertise.
- Track record of successful people management.
- Ability to lead and manage a team in a non-hierarchical way.
- A humble servant leader who’s willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
- Someone who thrives on autonomy while recognizing one is representing the family.
- Strong commitment to diversity.
- Experience in criminal justice, education, society, faith, climate, migration, human trafficking, or child protection programs.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally approximately 40% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Intermediate to an advanced level user in PowerPoint and MS Office (Excel, Outlook & Word).
- Proficiency in Salesforce is a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English is beneficial but not a requisite.
Compensation & Benefits:
This exciting opportunity offers the ability to transform the lives of people around the globe! Starting compensation package includes a competitive salary dependent on experience, plus benefits that are comprised of medical, dental, and vision insurance, PTO, paid holidays, and more.
About Our Firm:
Scion Executive Search is a retained executive search firm connecting executive nonprofit leadership to nonprofit organizations and foundations across the country. Born out of the nonprofit sector, we provide expert search strategies and leadership for your organization. Our executive candidates are true agents for change, and we are experts at matching their talents, motivations, and passions to your organization’s mission. Scion Executive Search has led hundreds of successful executive searches. Information about our firm and successes can be found online at http://www.scionexecutivesearch.com.
Scion is an equal opportunity employer and service provider committed to not discriminate based on age, race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief. We are committed to the principals of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.
How To Apply
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please submit your application (attaching your resume and cover letter in MS Word) online through https://www.scionstaffing.com/jobportal/#/jobs/6485.