Reporting to the Foundation Manager, the Program Assistant will work closely with team members to provide administrative and operational support of two collaborative partnerships at Tides.
The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills, a keen eye for details, display a high level of critical thinking, carry high standards of customer service, and a passion for supporting organizations with a social purpose.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide administrative support for all Threshold Foundation activities, including processing financial transactions, drafting and sending correspondence, responding to requests for information, basic website and social media support, and scheduling, coordinating and documenting internal/external meetings and events.
- Support the annual membership campaign, grantmaking and fundraising cycles, and member application process
- Provide excellent customer support to members, including processing payments, navigating the member portal, and responding to inquiries
- Manage website content updates and collaborate with website developers, as needed
- Manage member website and listserve access
- Offer as-needed administrative support for bi-annual member retreats
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities, as needed
Serve as the day-to-day contact for management of a community space for nonprofit meetings and events provided by one of Tides’ key corporate partners.
- Manage event-related inquiries with members of the community space (approximately 20/day)
- Escalate issues to corporate partner contact when their input is needed
- Field event requests, including requests for co-working (approximately 10/day)
- Monitor and support processing of membership applications as needed, working with Benevity who leads the vetting of membership applications (approximately 2-3/day)
- Provide a monthly, 30-minute tour of the community space to current/prospective members
- Visit the community space on a regular basis to stay abreast with member needs, evolving requirements and priorities of corporate partner, and build relationships
- Meet with corporate partner about the progress of the community space program on a quarterly basis and as needed
- Work with Tides’ Collaborative Space Manager to identify trends, new practices, and innovation in collaborative space to help Tides maintain its thought leadership
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (including advanced functions in Excel), Google Drive Suite (including GoogleGroups), and Adobe Pro
- Experience using CRMs (particularly CiviCRM or Salesforce), email and online marketing tools, (particularly Mailchimp and SurevyGizmo), and NetSuite, or the ability to learn quickly
- Dexterity with video-conference software (particularly Zoom)
- Basic knowledge of updating website content
Communication and Team Skills
- Excellent verbal (in-person, over the phone, and via video-conference), and written communication skills
- Skilled at working in multiple database systems and understands the importance of data integrity
- Highly detail-oriented and holds self accountable for great quality work done on time and with high accuracy
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks and projects, and meet demanding deadlines
- Strong organizational, creative problem-solving and analytical skills
- Quick learner; ability to take instructions and execute projects independently
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders (including vendors, Threshold members, and internal and external team members)
- Customer-service orientation and the ability to work closely with high net-worth individuals
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and education
- At least 1-2 years of experience in an administrative position
- Experience working with high net-worth individuals, or the ability to work with individuals across socio-economic classes with integrity and authenticity
- Demonstrated passion for social and environmental change justice
Only candidates who meet the above-stated qualifications will be considered. Your resume MUST INCLUDE A COVER LETTER EXPRESSING YOUR INTEREST IN WORKING TO SUPPORT TIDES AND WHY YOU ARE QUALIFIED FOR THIS JOB. No phone calls please.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
How To Apply
Please apply here: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=thetides&jobId=206328&lang=en_US&source=CC3