WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
The MICO Associate is part of an expanded team within ActBlue designed to meet the new opportunities within the movements, issues, and charitable organization space. This position will work on a team that executes ActBlue’s strategy to provide support to a set of nonprofit and progressive organizations. The Associate will own a portfolio of accounts, providing maintenance and strategic consulting support to ensure that they are able to effectively use and leverage the ActBlue fundraising tool.
This position may focus on a wide range of work, including but not limited to the Human and Civil Rights issue arena.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work as part of a team to meet or exceed goals around relationship building, account management, and strategic account support;
- Prospect and establish relationships with new campaigns and organizations per the team’s relationship-building work plan;
- Serve as the account manager for a portfolio of organizations and campaigns providing support in account set-up and ongoing maintenance issues;
- Draw on established best practices to provide strategic advising and troubleshooting for organizations and campaigns;
- Provide onboarding and training on ActBlue products;
- Maintain deep and nuanced knowledge of ActBlue products;
- Collaborate with colleagues on ways to improve account management and campaign support;
- Work outside of regular business hours (i.e., 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM) as required;
- Travel as required.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 1-3 years working in a professional environment;
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships, networks;
- Experience working in an electoral or nonprofit setting;
- Can develop a strategic plan to build relationships with key stakeholders in the space
- Self-starter mentality: capable of working independently, but motivated by watching your work contribute to ActBlue’s goals and mission;
- Clear written and verbal communications skill set;
- Strong organizational skills, with keen attention to detail and high fidelity to follow up & follow through actions;
- Commitment to stay up to date with digital fundraising best practices;
- Experience working in a fast paced, problem solving role preferred;
- Ability to handle confidential information;
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion;
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: $55,000 - 70,000 based on experience.
The terms and conditions of this position are subject to a collective bargaining agreement with the Campaign Workers Guild, the exclusive bargaining agent of covered ActBlue employees.
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including monthly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.