We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
The Marketing Coordinator is an integral part of the creative and award-winning Marketing Department at the Human Rights Campaign, the nation's largest organization working for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer equality. The Marketing Department promotes the organization and its programs and helps move equality forward via integrated marketing campaigns inclusive of video, design, social media, the website, paid media and more.
The Marketing Coordinator will report to the Vice President for Marketing & Strategic Partnerships, and provide administrative support to the Vice President and to the Marketing Department.
- Assist the VP of Marketing with all administrative duties including scheduling meetings, travel and appointments, managing department meetings, reporting expenses and filling out check requests
- Assist in receiving and coordinating new marketing project requests
- Maintain contracts and relationships with consultants and external entities who are providing services to the Marketing Department
- Process contracts and related invoices, working closely with Directors on the marketing team
- Maintain files and other resources of materials for the Marketing Department’s needs
- Assist in the administrative duties related to the implementation of the marketing plan
- Assist in the coordination of quarterly board reporting, quarterly marketing planning, mid year goal updates, and annual fiscal year planning
- Maintain marketing team staff lists - contact info, birthdays, etc.
- Support and prepare for weekly and monthly Marketing meetings
- Coordinate Marketing staff gatherings
- Hire, train, and supervise marketing interns
- Assist with any other assignments and tasks as requested by the Marketing Department
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) with at least one to three years of experience with organizational marketing, communications, or project management
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Possess solid writing skills as well as the communications skills necessary to elicit the right information from both internal and external stakeholders
- Analytical and creative skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and manage work under tight deadlines
- Must be comfortable working in a high-volume environment and be able to follow closely the messaging of the organization on a wide variety of issues
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, Google apps (Gmail, Google Docs and Drive), Slack and monday.com project management software
- Tech savvy in a way that learning new software platforms comes quickly and naturally
- Personal interest in and commitment to LGBTQ equality, diversity, equity and inclusion, and especially people who live at the intersection of marginalized identities
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
No phone calls or emails, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.
How To Apply
Please apply via the website with your resume and cover letter.