Womanspace is seeking a Marketing and Communication Manager. The Marketing and Communications Manager helps to tell the compelling story of Womanspace’s mission and continues to strategically build our organization’s brand. Responsible for messaging, marketing and media relationship building. The Manager represents both internal and external communication efforts supporting and promoting the mission and agency value through multiple channels. The Manager is an integral part of Womanspace’s development and community engagement goals, overseeing Womanspace’s marketing and communications efforts to donors, clients, and the community at large by creating clear and engaging messages and campaigns. They will manage our website, social media channels, and draft key communications pieces, including assisting on grant proposals as needed.
- Develops and recommends an annual strategic communications plan in support of community awareness and fundraising campaigns
- Social media implementation, post, manage and respond to private messaging and comments: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & LinkedIn.
- Compose and edit materials including press releases, newsletters, impact reports, email communications
- Coordinate social media messaging and web page maintenance – ensuring that new and consistent information as well as track and measure the level of engagement of posts.
- Assist with creating and managing public relations including writing press releases, responding to media inquiries, monitoring and tracking media mentions
- Develop and maintain relationships with media contacts – including media list development
- Development of print, digital and other fundraising and program materials.
- Annual Report development
- Trains agency staff on the proper use of agency creative assets/logo/brand and assists in the development of training materials, presentation decks, and other distributions.
- Assists with the writing for grant proposals as needed
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of experience in communications, marketing, or public relations
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational abilities. Strong attention to detail.
- Able to thrive in a growing and evolving department
- Effective in a fast-paced environment and eager to contribute to collaborative goals.
- Experience preferred with Donor Management databases
- Highly functional with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Basic understanding of WordPress preferred
- A good understanding of general practices, methods and procedures related to public relations, media relations and marketing.
- Salary-$60,000- $65,000 commensurate with experience
- 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k Contribution
- Strong Commitment to professional development
- Generous Paid Absences and Vacation time.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send resumes and cover letters to Erin Hartshorn at email@example.com
*Writing sample required with application