REPORTS TO: Managing Director, Marketing
COMPENSATION RANGE: $81,000 - $101,000
JOB TYPE: Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
The Jewish Community Federation and Endowment Fund (the Federation) supports a vision of diverse and dynamic Bay Area Jewish communities, deeply engaged in Jewish life and doing good locally, in Israel and around the world. A newly defined strategic direction positions the Federation to achieve this vision by mobilizing innovation, collaboration, and community investment with focus on three intersecting areas:
- Recruiting and stewarding the next generation of Jewish philanthropists to generate more and better philanthropy, driven by Jewish values;
- Collaborating with partners to build connection and belonging in order to dramatically increase the number of young people engaged in Jewish life; and
- Leading or funding core components that foster the resilience and security of Jewish communities, both locally and globally.
The Federation is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual with a variety of skill sets who wants to join a team working to build a new model of 21st century and next generation Federation engagement.
The Jewish Community Federation and Endowment Fund (the Federation) is looking for a highly motivated and creative Digital Marketing Manager to join our team. We are seeking a forward-thinking, collaborative, and open-minded candidate who possesses a high level of integrity, models a positive attitude, and is flexible.
The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing email and social media marketing campaigns that promote the Federation’s services, enhance brand awareness, drive website traffic, and acquire leads/donors. This role oversees all aspects of the Federation’s digital marketing strategy, including setting organizational goals, identifying trends and evaluation metrics that ensure the Federation is successful in its online marketing efforts.
This position serves as an internal expert and advisor, as well as the primary point of contact for all departments within the Federation, to consult on strategies that maximize the impact of online marketing tools and approaches. This role does not have managerial responsibilities.
- Manage the design, calendaring, production, scheduling, distribution, and analysis of digital marketing campaigns, including email and social media (organic and paid)
- Develop and implement multi-channel digital campaigns to promote brand awareness and bring new users to the Federation’s digital properties
- Administer Federation-owned social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.) understanding the demographic and audience needs for each platform and audience
- Proofread, design, and build emails that relay and ensure brand clarity, consistency and voice
- In partnership with the Content Marketing Manager, curate, draft, and edit engaging online content including videos and images, and promote across a variety of online platforms
- Perform quality assurance for digital collateral — testing links, proofing, attaching pre-approved lists, and checking renderings
- Develop digital campaigns and targeted online outreach efforts, identifying engagement opportunities
- Prioritize projects, coordinate production timelines, secure deadlines, and work with internal departments to ensure timely deliverables
- Work with our team to brainstorm new and innovative growth strategies
- Track and report on metrics and KPIs across all online properties and help identify patterns in data and online constituent behavior to inform marketing strategy; communicate performance to marketing team and to broader organization
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and external consultants to support donor engagement and retention by advising on and executing tactics that promote short- and long-term objectives. This includes email acquisition, social media traffic analysis, and social media outreach
- Create a social media style guide that defines parameters and standards for best practices on each platform; provide tools and training to content creators across the organization
- Advise on the marketing department’s efforts to brand, design, develop, and implement site surveys, online promotions, and online outreach initiatives
- Develop, evaluate, and oversee implementation of A/B testing protocol and procedures
- Develop digital marketing toolkits for partner marketing efforts
- Manage vendors on digital marketing-related projects
- Keep a constant pulse on industry trends, with an eye on the digital landscape
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- 5+ years of digital marketing experience
- Experience with organic and paid social platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube), metrics, and scheduling platforms
- Solid understanding of email marketing, latest trends and technologies
- Working knowledge of Marketo, Hootsuite, Meta Business Suite, all social platforms, and Salesforce preferred
- Experience producing and developing digital content including writing and editing, creating visuals, and formatting HTML e-mail templates
- Passion for learning with excellent verbal and written communications skills; creative contributor, ability to write clear compelling content and use storytelling to build online engagement
- Experience tracking and optimizing digital campaigns
- Knowledge of Canva, Photoshop, HTML, CSS, UTM tags, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and lead generation.
- Passion for social media and on top of current social media best practices and trends
- Ability to effectively communicate technical details to both non-technical and IT staff
- Effectively communicates and works as a team player
- Resourceful and resilient; ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with high attention to detail
- Creative, strategic, and collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Self-motivated with strong project management and time management skills
- Interest in the Bay Area Jewish community, Jewish holidays, traditions, and customs preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Please send a copy of your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com. All applications and inquiries will receive a response and will be kept strictly confidential.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits — medical, dental, vision, vacation, sick pay, holidays (including Jewish), and retirement plan.
The Jewish Community Federation and Endowment Fund is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of or traits historically associated with race; color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran and/or military status), domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, and any other status protected by state or federal law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.