One Tree Planted is a US-based non-profit that plants trees around the world to help combat climate change, conserve biodiversity, restore landscapes, and strengthen communities. We act as a catalyst and conduit for individuals and businesses to help reduce their carbon footprint and meet their corporate social responsibility objectives.
One Tree Planted is looking for a dynamic individual to add to our fast growing team as a Grant Writer/Fundraising Officer. Here are some of the responsibilities you can expect in this role:
- Develop and execute One Tree Planted’s annual fundraising plan in collaboration with the fundraising team to meet annual goals.
- Manage a portfolio of individuals, foundations, corporations and public sources to generate the support needed to meet organizational goals.
- Write coherent, organized, and compelling proposals to solicit and secure major gifts and foundation support for One Tree Planted’s programs and its general operations.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors and foundations and significantly grow One Tree Planted’s base of philanthropic support.
- Create and execute a strategy to grow our list of foundations, donors and supporters.
- Conduct necessary research to grow One Tree Planted’s base of supporter and necessary outreach to secure opportunities to solicit support.
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
- Work with finance to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Provide exemplary stewardship to current donors.
- Display adherence to the organization’s mission and develop proficient knowledge of the organization’s programs and impact.
- Assist with the execution of the fundraising team’s strategy.
- Furnish prospective funders with supporting documents and reports as needed.
- Maintain records in hard copies and computer databases.
- Bachelor's degree in creative writing or related field.
- 3+ years of proven track record of non profit fundraising and demonstrated success in securing significant support from foundations, individuals, corporations and public sources.
- Proficient with MS Office Word, Google docs, Excel, IWave, Salesforce or other CRM or donor management system as well as familiarity with foundation and grant searching platforms.
- Excellent knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience working in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Strong people skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Cover letter indicating your interest in the position and why you think you would be a good fit with the organization.
- Your resume.
- The names, titles, e-mails, and telephone numbers of three references
How To Apply
Please send your application package to Bill Toomey, firstname.lastname@example.org. We will conduct interviews on a rolling basis and will close the application when the role has been filled.