Hadassah, the Women’s Zionist Organization of America, is a volunteer organization that inspires a passion for and commitment to the land, the people, and the future of Israel. Through education, advocacy, and youth development, and its support of medical care and research at Hadassah Medical Organization, Hadassah enhances the health and lives of people in Israel, the United States and worldwide.
The Finance Assistant will provide effective support for maintaining accurate and timely financial records tracking and processing financial transactions for the Hadassah Super South Regions (Southern, Southeastern, Southern Seaboard). The finance assistant is also responsible for supporting Region volunteer leadership and geo area staff. This position is based in the Boynton Beach, Florida office.
- Processing receipts
- Preparing bank deposits
- Entering vendor invoices and other disbursement requests into accounting software
- Processing disbursement checks
- Maintaining financial files
- Prepare spreadsheets, collect data, and explain transactions
- Troubleshoot problems that arise, consulting “help” resources as appropriate
Education and Experience
- BA and 5+ years of experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High level of confidentiality
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, QuickBooks Online
- Basic accounting skills
- Detail-oriented, precise, organized, and proactive
- Ability to work independently and handle concurrent projects and assignments
- General office skills including answering telephone, maintaining files, etc.