POSITION: Executive Director of Fair Foundation
DATE OPENED: June 4, 2021
DATE CLOSED: When filled
SALARY: Based on experience
This is a part-time position with potential for full time beginning June 20, 2021 or when filled with a qualified candidate.
The Executive Director (ED) will develop and implement fundraising strategies for the Alameda County Fair Foundation, 501c3 nonprofit. The Alameda County Fair Foundation’s sole purpose and mission is to create new opportunities for youth engagement, expand & enhance educational programs and fund capital projects that will strengthen the viability and relevancy of the Fair for future generations. The ED will coordinate and work with the Foundation Board, community leaders and Fair management to meet yearly fundraising goals through events, grants, membership campaigns, endowments, corporate sponsorship and capital pledges. The ED reports directly to the CEO and the Fair Foundation Board. The ED must be self-motivated and goals oriented. The ED’s work schedule is flexible and can work remotely as needed. The ED will interact and be supported by the Fair’s management team and resources. Although the Foundation operates with a high degree of autonomy from the Fair Association, the ED will be integrated as a member of the Fair’s operational team.
- Develops strategies to achieve goals set by the Foundation Board of Directors
- Responsible for overall coordination and operations of the Foundation including meetings, marketing, public relations, and Board member coordination
- Develops current and long-term organizational goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures for operations
- Plans and administers fundraising programs and activities
- Administers annual membership of organization, including membership drives and solicitations
- Develops or coordinated requests for grants
- Oversees preparation and production of all promotional mailings, printed pieces, social media and web content
- Solicits and cultivates strategic donors, sponsorship, capitol pledges and special event ticket sales
- Maintains Foundation by-laws, keeps minutes of meeting, develops agendas and correspondence
- Develops and presents regular detailed accountability reports related to financials and fundraising operations
- Manages volunteer activities for the organization
- Interacts with other personnel and organizations such as local, county and state government, business associations, trade and professional organizations
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work with professional business and community leaders
- Ability to developing strategic plans and manage a budget
- Proficiency in computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point), G Suite, ticketing and action platforms
- Great time and project management skills
- Ability to implement social media campaign
- Experience coordinating and executing fundraising events
- Successful grant writing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The Alameda County Fair Association is a non-profit organization managing the Alameda County Fairgrounds with nearly 300 events held each year. Home to the Annual Alameda County Fair and public and private events including large consumer and trade shows, festivals, corporate events, concerts, graduations, picnics, weddings and other social events.
Alameda County Fair Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume to:
email@example.com or by mail: 4501 Pleasanton Ave., Pleasanton, CA 94566 Attn: Jerome Hoban, CEO