The Director of Quality Improvement and Program Evaluation will be responsible for managing all evaluation activities, continuous improvement projects, and quality assurance plans for all Iris House programs as well as be responsible for the day to day operations of the compliance program.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
1. Collaborate with program directors and staff to create, oversee and implement evaluation programs and initiatives aimed at improving service delivery and measuring program efficacy;
2. Serve as leader of the agency’s various quality management committees; provide technical assistance to program directors during quality assurance activities, root cause analyses, and corrective action planning including the oversight of case record review, agency-wide indicators, performance levels, and programmatic challenges;
3. Oversee and implement the agency compliance program to ensure compliance with Medicaid, HIPAA and other contractual requirements in addition to developing and revising the compliance plan as necessary;
4. Develop and coordinate a compliance education and training program for staff as well as oversee audit and any corrective action activities on Iris House programs to evaluate compliance and report on findings to relevant stakeholders;
5. Develop evaluation-related plans, logic models, data collections tools and protocols for currently active programs and agency-wide quality improvement projects;
6. Support grant writing team with agency data and outcome summaries to facilitate proposal submissions.
7. Contribute to the development, maintenance and improvement of data tracking and reporting systems, conduct monthly data cleaning and analysis to detect trends, gaps, and recommendations in addition to oversee accuracy and integrity of data collection and entry;
8. Manage and analyze qualitative and quantitative evaluation data as well as train management and front-line staff on various aspects of evaluation and quality improvement;
9. Design and moderate client focus groups for various programs and manage the annual development, distribution, and analysis of client satisfaction and staff satisfaction surveys;
10. Produce written reports, publications, and presentations concerning evaluation and quality improvement processes and findings;
11. Keep abreast of the latest development in quality improvement techniques for HIV/AIDS service programs to maintain up-to-date HIV/AIDS program evaluation awareness as well as act as a liaison for external evaluation projects in which we are participants;
12. Identify and supervise interns to assist in quality assurance activities as well as supervise agency’s Evaluation Coordinator.
OTHER POSITION FUNCTIONS
1. Attend, participate in and represent Iris House in external meetings and conferences.
2. Prepares for and participates in Iris House directors’ team meetings.
3. Assist program directors with audits and site visits.
4. Demonstrates teamwork and open communication.
Education: Bachelor degree required. A Master’s degree in health or human services field or the social sciences preferred.
Experience: In addition to the above, the ideal candidate for this position possesses most or all of the following:
Minimum three years managing research or program evaluation projects.
Expertise in both quantitative and qualitative research methods.
Advanced statistical knowledge and facility with SPSS.
Understanding of the case management model as well as the concepts of coordination of care in social services provision.
Excellent written, communication and analytical skills.
Other Requirements: Excellent judgment required. Must be able to meet deadlines and juggle multiple projects. Must be dependable and use courtesy and tact when dealing with Iris House staff members, clients, and visitors.
Internal:Frequent contact with other directors, team members from other departments and program participants.
External: Contact with contract provider(s), community agencies and service providers.