Baptist Health South Florida is once again one of the 2020 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For! This is the 20th time Baptist Health has been recognized on the list. We have also been recognized for being among the best healthcare providers in the nation by U.S. News & World Reports in its 2020-2021 Best Hospitals and have been honored as one of PEOPLE's 2020 50 Companies that Care by PEOPLE magazine and Great Place to Work.
Baptist Health South Florida is the region's largest not-for-profit healthcare organization with more than 23,000 employees working across 11 hospital campuses and more than 100 outpatient facilities throughout Miami-Dade, Monroe, Broward, and Palm Beach counties. In 2016 we welcomed the newest weapon in the fight against cancer, the world-class Miami Cancer Institute and proton therapy center.
Everything we do at Baptist Health, we do to the best of our ability. That includes supporting our team with extensive training programs, millions of dollars in tuition assistance, comprehensive benefits and more. Working within our award-winning culture means getting the respect and support you need to do your best work ever. Find out why this is the best place to be your best!
- Baptist Health Foundation’s Campaign & Strategic Initiatives team is focused on building relationships that have a potential for yielding leadership and transformational gifts of $1 million dollars and higher.
- This team strategizes across all hospitals and facilities to work towards that goal.
- In addition, they manage the Global Campaign for Baptist Health South Florida and hospital leadership engagement relating to the coordination of engagement with hospital leaders, principal gift donors and prospects.
- This position reports to the Director of Campaign.
- The Development Proposal Writer will work with the Foundation Team and Hospital Leadership, to tell the transformative stories of the work of Baptist Health South Florida.
- This team member is responsible for writing proposals supporting the Global Campaign and Principal Gift initiatives, including proposals for prospects $1 million dollars and higher and Cases for Support.
Estimated salary range for this position is $61128 - $79466 / year depending on experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in journalism, communications, public relations or a relevant field.
- 4-6 years of experience in proposal writing for development/fundraising.
- Basic knowledge of fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong attention to detail and copy-editing skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to “ghost write”.
- Experience in gathering information by means of interviews, database research.
- Experience multitasking and taking ownership of various, major and long-term projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Hands-on experience with Raiser’s Edge is a plus.