We are a nonprofit and a community of people with and without intellectual disabilities, providing housing and support services to adults with intellectual disabilities and offering a place of belonging and growth to people of all sorts of backgrounds. What does that look like? It looks like the 4 homes we run where adults with and without disabilities live together and support each other. Where we laugh, throw birthday parties, and play games. It looks like inviting volunteers, university groups, and others from all over the world to learn about our mission and our model. And it looks like a dedicated office staff ensuring all of this life and advocacy and education are running smoothly and are well funded.
L’Arche is seeking a dedicated, self-motivated, and experienced Development Coordinator to join our Development and Communications team. The Development Coordinator holds a wide range of fundraising responsibilities including annual fundraising, donor stewardship and cultivation, grant writing, and event planning. As a vital part of this team, the Development Coordinator will work to cultivate relationships and communicate L’Arche’s mission to ensure adequate financial resources and enhance L’Arche’s impact.
Supervised by: Director of Development and Communications (DODC)
● Annual Giving Activities
o Managing and implementation of annual giving strategy, raising $200,000 annually. o Develop content and arrange logistics for direct mail appeals
o Collaborate with Communications and Outreach Coordinator on messaging and strategy for digital fundraising campaigns.
o Identify and suggest new ways and tools to connect with fresh audiences of potential supporters.
o Design and implement monthly donor program.
o Work closely with supervisor to manage annual giving society.
● Donor Cultivation
o Develop and implement cultivation plans for mid-level donors and prospects ($1,000-$3,000 annually).
o Manage and execute cultivation plans in collaboration with DODC, Executive Director, Friendship Builder, Board members, and other community members.
o Solicit annual gifts from portfolio of donors and prospects giving $1000-$3000 annually.
o Mange the implementation of the stewardship strategy for all donations
o Create innovative ways to acknowledge and show donors the impact of their gift; exceed donor expectations with creative ways to show our appreciation.
o Collaborate with members of the development team to produce annual report. Institutional Giving
● Grants and Foundations o Responsible for grant portfolio management and work closely with grants consultant to submit applications and reports in a timely fashion, raising $225,000 annually.
o Conducts corporate prospect research.
● Corporate sponsors
o Design and implement sponsorship strategy to support spring fundraising event
o Solicit corporate gifts from current and prospective contacts.
o Conduct corporate prospect research.
● Take a lead role in planning and executing all fundraising events, including the Heart of L’Arche Breakfast.
● Manage logistics such as save the dates, invitations, e-blasts, programs, and other marketing materials with professionals as needed.
● Recruit and coordinate volunteers and table hosts that provide both event leadership and logistical support.
● Work with speakers to develop event programs and run of shows.
● Craft other event strategies that fuel donor acquisition and stewardship and oversee donor cultivation events.
● Participate as a member of the Board Development Committee.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Communicates the mission and vision of L’Arche with passion
● Experience and desire to work with people with disabilities
● Demonstrated experience and comfort in fundraising, soliciting for donations, planning major events
● Bachelor’s degree or higher and 2+ years of prior experience nonprofit development preferred
● Excellence in written and oral communication
● Excellent presentation skills
● Attention to detail, task-orientated, and superior follow-up
● Experience with Blackbaud’s eTapestry or other CRM database
Salary & Benefits:
● Meaningful, mission-based, and community-focused work
● Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, disability and life insurance
● Matching 401k contributions after one year
● Professional Development Opportunities
● Full-time (currently remote), $16-$22 hourly rate based on experience
● Monday – Friday, with some evenings and weekends as necessary
L’Arche Greater Washington, DC is an equal opportunity employer.
How To Apply
Submit a resume and cover letter to join@larche-gwdc. As part of getting to know L’Arche, we invite you to attend our monthly Prayer Night on Tue. Dec 1st. If you’re able to attend you will be asked about your insights. Please apply by December 11th.